MakeWebGames

Reminder - Rebuttal

Djkanna

DJK Note: This was removed, by ColdBlooded as it was posted in News and Announcements (amongst other reasons), therefore I have reposted in chit chat: "Drop in here to discuss whatever you want." - on this note the thread is now unlocked too.

Dear MCCode Team,

As a general reminder, the MakeWebGames community aren't here for the purposes of:

- Fixing your buggy code.

- Answering the support questions, that for some reason or another don't get through to the official MCCodes 'support'.

- Portray MCCodes in a positive light, when it comes to the products MCCodes has put forward.

Do not expect the MakeWebGame's team to support your actions, nor expect them to support this forum, this is your forum (as in you own it), now take responsibility and do something with it.

Do not use this forum to push your products, if you cannot be bothered to actually come here and support the users of this community when they've fallen trap to the countless bugs in your script.

Dear MakeWebGames Community,

I'd like to take this Rebuttal to remind you that, whilst MCCodes is currently the first go-to option for when you're thinking about creating a game.

Please take the time to look around at other engines, here are some honorable mentions.

- EzRPG, developer: Zeggy, Booher.

- NWE, developer: A_Bertrand.

- EzRPG - Rework (title may be changed, something is going on where the developer is well redoing it), developer: Spudinski.

- GL, developer: Unknown, Dayo. <"coders sanctum made GL, but the website has been offline for many years since" - Jamiee>

- MCCodes, developer: MCCodes Team.

Regards;

Djkanna, Nickson, A_Bertrand, RulerOfZu, Spudinski.

Edited by Djkanna
Name added to the signature, at the request of said member.

I have a suggestion though.

MCCodes doesn't want to this forum be for their "official support", so why don't we drop all support related queries on this forum.

General discussions, modification(free and paid, support of said) and all other things related to "having" an MCCodes game can still be discussed here, much like any other engine here.

What we shouldn't support is any query related to "running/operating/fixing" an MCCodes game, as that in my eyes, should go to "official support".

This should apply to any modifications they list on their website, as IOW, they "support" it.

If MCCodes wants to give this forum the finger, we can give their precious clients the finger too when it comes to support.

I have a suggestion though.

MCCodes doesn't want to this forum be for their "official support", so why don't we drop all support related queries on this forum.

General discussions, modification(free and paid, support of said) and all other things related to "having" an MCCodes game can still be discussed here, much like any other engine here.

What we shouldn't support is any query related to "running/operating/fixing" an MCCodes game, as that in my eyes, should go to "official support".

This should apply to any modifications they list on their website, as IOW, they "support" it.

If MCCodes wants to give this forum the finger, we can give their precious clients the finger too when it comes to support.

The problem with that is, looking back if we would ignore the support questions, they'd never get help. Kinda defeats the purpose of a 'help' based forum.

coders sanctum made GL, but the website has been offline for many years since

Thanks I did not know that, added to the the OP.

why not just sell the site? if it isn't part of Mccodes at all just get rid of it all together. Not like there's many people on here any more any ways. Since they purchased the site its pretty much gone down the toilet sorta speak

That's not really fair to those of us who DO come here looking for help, advice, do research, contacting others etc.

That's not really fair to those of us who DO come here looking for help, advice, do research, contacting others etc.

selling the site would benefit this site. They obviously don't care much about it. Sell it to someone that would bring it back to life.. does not mean you can't still come here for help, advice or contacting others. Back in the day this site had a lot of active members. Now a days there is hardly anyone here. Just the same ole people.

If they are easily to sell out their community members then why not sell it or delete it, pretty bad these people come on here for the community then they have their mods linked to mccodes site as referrals and then they didn't even care to ask those people about referring their mods...

That is like me copying this whole forum in a click and moving it over to another site... Still a copyright and you should respect it, you people at mccodes are always whining about copyrights but yet you don't care about other people's work or copyright... It does not amuse me because you don't want to get me started about mccodes.. that's another story!!