MakeWebGames

Browser based MMORPG development

Manworm

Hi,

I need a browser based mmorpg developed.

The basic graphics and basic website design must be included (although we can outsource it)

I'm looking for something similar to gameforge type of games

http://www.kingsage.org/

http://www.bitefight.org/game

http://www.battle-knight.org/

The core and basic features to make the game up and running must be subject to your bid (that you must mention in your proposal and break it down (estimation are very welcome)).

Other customized features, and more details will be given to the person I choose so he can make his final bid.

(High budget)

Of course, only people with past experience developing games (with mccodes or whatever) , must provide examples ..

PM me, or email me

EDITED

Cheers

Edited by Manworm

Hours to complete(with graphics outsources):

Back-end and Framework: 200h

User-interface and Front-end: 300h

Implementation & Integrations: 50h

At my a normal rate: 60 USD / hour

Total estimate: 33,000.00 USD

Time taken: Two months, three weeks(add in a week for testing and communications).

Note: this is not a bid, it's a reference.

Please do not accept any offers below this amount.

Also, this project would most likely be taken on by a group of two to five developers.

I received bids from reputable development companies for much less than that ..

so I advise you to revise your method of work / pricing :)

Starting Budget will be $2k .. with basic requirements + basic design ..

I'll then outsource the design / art to a professional designer because the feel and look is very important for me ..

Other features and maintenance will be discussed later ..

I don't mind if the game is based upon a script such as mccodes as long as the features I want will be there ...

Hours to complete(with graphics outsources):

Back-end and Framework: 200h

User-interface and Front-end: 300h

Implementation & Integrations: 50h

At my a normal rate: 60 USD / hour

Total estimate: 33,000.00 USD

Time taken: Two months, three weeks(add in a week for testing and communications).

Note: this is not a bid, it's a reference.

Please do not accept any offers below this amount.

Also, this project would most likely be taken on by a group of two to five developers.

Manworm: 2000$ to create from scratch such game? Sure give them your money and be one of the many scammed. Seriously Spudinski was even lower than what I would have counted to create such game. Just to create the art would cost you quiet some, yet code and debug will take you even more time. I don't know how much is somebody payed full time in your country as I don't know where do you live, but let's take an average US salary for a full time position as developer, let's say between 60-80'000 a year, now, I would say let's count 6 month hoping that this single person is able to do the design, the code, the art and everything needed for your game and works full time for you. Therefore it's like between 30'000$ and 40'000$. If you outsource it, count min 2x the salary of a employee, which means between 60K and 80K that would have been my guess.

Anything lower to create YOUR game (not just picking a premade code and do a couple of retouch) from scratch is simply a day dream ;)

Last word: please share your "reputable development companies" names with us, such that we can also laugh!

Before spamming the forum and wasting my time .. learn how to read English first .. and if you are not interested, then please go play somewhere else ..

I never said I want a game from scratch .. that's one.

two, I said I need a basic design, then I will oursource the Design / art to a professional , so that's not something that developer should worry about ...

PS : just noticed you are an admin .. this gives me an idea about the forum as a whole ..

Manworm: 2000$ to create from scratch such game? Sure give them your money and be one of the many scammed. Seriously Spudinski was even lower than what I would have counted to create such game. Just to create the art would cost you quiet some, yet code and debug will take you even more time. I don't know how much is somebody payed full time in your country as I don't know where do you live, but let's take an average US salary for a full time position as developer, let's say between 60-80'000 a year, now, I would say let's count 6 month hoping that this single person is able to do the design, the code, the art and everything needed for your game and works full time for you. Therefore it's like between 30'000$ and 40'000$. If you outsource it, count min 2x the salary of a employee, which means between 60K and 80K that would have been my guess.

Anything lower to create YOUR game (not just picking a premade code and do a couple of retouch) from scratch is simply a day dream ;)

Last word: please share your "reputable development companies" names with us, such that we can also laugh!

Edited by Manworm

Well, you are basically wanting to buy a pre-made script which does like a web rts? Then maybe you should search for than via google ;-)

You stated: "I need a browser based mmorpg developed." for me, that means you want somebody to develop it for you, not that you are looking for a pre-made game... Sorry but maybe somebody needs to learn how to WRITE instead ;-)

You stated also "The basic graphics and basic website design must be included (although we can outsource it)" that would mean you would expect to have it included, and if not you may outsource it. Sorry but you was clearly not clear.

If you don't like the answers maybe it's because you didn't tough carefully about the implications of what you ask.

If you don't like the answers maybe it's because you didn't tough carefully about the implications of what you ask.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough ..

But that's why I asked for people to contact me, it's not a big deal ...

Still, such an answer for an admin isn't a good sign at all .. You run your forum as you want anyway ..

Reputable companies at elance, with hundreds of completed jobs and satisfied customers ... and the average cost was $10k ...

with your "quote" I can buy a very profitable established game.

Good luck to you and me :)

Indeed, I have the right as anybody else, to give answers without yet insulting others ;-)

And, now your price jumped to 10K? Not 2K anymore? Anyhow, I don't have to prove anything to anyone, I just wanted to say that spudinski was right, and even on the low side, and you already reacted in a heated way. Do as you think but don't expect to gain much respect from others in such way.

Do as you think but don't expect to gain much respect from others in such way.

I don't need to, I'm out of here ..

very compelling way to run a forum anyway ..

worst experience ever ..

Have a good day

PS : seriously, you need to learn English dude, my price didn't jump to $10k , I just said that was the average bid at elance from reputable companies .. but here I need someone to do the job for $2k .. got it ? (I don' think so)

Good luck pissing off everybody in this forum ..

I don't need to, I'm out of here ..

very compelling way to run a forum anyway ..

worst experience ever ..

Have a good day

PS : seriously, you need to learn English dude, my price didn't jump to $10k , I just said that was the average bid at elance from reputable companies .. but here I need someone to do the job for $2k .. got it ? (I don' think so)

Good luck pissing off everybody in this forum ..

Too bad I'm the one who pisses off people around here.

Mostly, I piss people off who are ignorant; like you.

Now we can stand around and throw our opinions around in the air, but that always seems quite childish to me.

The fact is that most of us here have been in this industry for the better part of a decade, and some even more.

I personally thought I would give you advise for your pursuit of a game developer, as I have some amount of experience with this.

If you don't want our help, then you are in the wrong place buddy: this is a community for created on the very principle of sharing ideas and helping others.

P.S.: Ek het nie gesien dat jy enigsins beter doen met Engels nie.

PS : just noticed you are an admin .. this gives me an idea about the forum as a whole ..

So apparently because of a_Bertrand we are all "..." I assume you meant similar, equal and etc. You definitely didn't mean good.

You complain about the forums and worry to much which isn't good for your health.

My advise is stay calm read through your post before posting. There's a preview button which may help. Also keep on point and bullet points would be the best.

OR

Alt F4.

Wow, way to go at shooting down the newcomer.

Although Manworm was "optimistic" in some eyes, a company would, I can see, do the job at a lower price, as they may use an existing engine they've already made, and then recycle code they've made.

Seriously guys, don't shoot the newcomer down. I've read all replies, and he has stated the things he knows as facts.

/Assumes position at the end of the firing range,

Too bad I'm the one who pisses off people around here.

Mostly, I piss people off who are ignorant; like you.

Now we can stand around and throw our opinions around in the air, but that always seems quite childish to me.

The fact is that most of us here have been in this industry for the better part of a decade, and some even more.

I personally thought I would give you advise for your pursuit of a game developer, as I have some amount of experience with this.

If you don't want our help, then you are in the wrong place buddy: this is a community for created on the very principle of sharing ideas and helping others.

P.S.: Ek het nie gesien dat jy enigsins beter doen met Engels nie.

I didn't post a thread to ask for help. I think there is a section dedicated for that.

I'm doing business here, so if you have what I'm asking for , you are welcome, if not don't waste my time ...

PS : I know, but at least I know the basics and I can understand what people write ./

So apparently because of a_Bertrand we are all "..." I assume you meant similar, equal and etc. You definitely didn't mean good.

You complain about the forums and worry to much which isn't good for your health.

My advise is stay calm read through your post before posting. There's a preview button which may help. Also keep on point and bullet points would be the best.

OR

Alt F4.

You can understand it as you like, even if I didn't mean any harm to any other forum member .. If the admin is replying that way, then that doesn't give me a good impression and any will to do business in here .. that's what I meant ..

I replied to your PM about the game you want to sell. just ignore it ..

I already have good offers coming in.

Wow, way to go at shooting down the newcomer.

Although Manworm was "optimistic" in some eyes, a company would, I can see, do the job at a lower price, as they may use an existing engine they've already made, and then recycle code they've made.

Actually, I even prefer if there is a framework ready and proven to work with no bugs, and the developer can build upon it .. That's better and I already stated that in my first post ...

Manworm,

I noticed that you have signed up to a dedicated freelancer network.

I highly suggest you keep to that route as I do not think this forum will yield the results you expect.

You also claimed your departure from here, and so I want to wish you well in your search.

We all appreciate your views, but personally, I don't see you fitting in here anytime soon.

Thread locked.

Manworm, you're more than welcome to create a new thread should you wish to do so, maybe next time you'll get a little bit more of a positive reaction.

As for this thread, well it's apparent the OP no longer wants to participate in it, so it's closed for now, should the situation change it will be re-opened/or deleted if a new one pops up.

@Spud: "We all appreciate your views, but personally, I don't see you fitting in here anytime soon." - A forum is a place for all people of different levels of experience and needs, so I don't see how he/she will not fit in here, then again I may be taking this out of context as I've not really read most of the replies on here; feel free to reply in PM. :)

Edited by Djkanna