MakeWebGames

Mods in production for NWE.

Uridium

if you have any current mods in production place a brief description of your mod and what it can do here....

when your mod is complete and available to the public either place it Freely on here or add link from here to nwe market place for users to view.

dont forget to edit your post on here to mention mod is now { COMPLETED }

Mods created in past week by myself

TEMPLATE EDITOR: this mod allows you to directly edit your script folder for any theme and has an instant effect once its saved. { COMPLETED } [ Available on nwe market FREE ]

TEMPLATE CREATOR: this mod allows you to create a folder name of your template and adds the necessary files for you to get started. { COMPLETED } [ Available on nwe market FREE ]

Here is the mods I have in mind which may come in future versions of NWE:

Admin:

- Mailing mod (allows to send emails to players)

- Player viewer: allows to view player stats, and items a player own

- CSS editor: let you edit the CSS with a wizard, without the need to know CSS

Player:

- House mod: let you buy an house, and manage it

- Tavern mod: let a player buy a tavern, manage it (limited number per locations)

- Lottery: let player buy a lottery ticket and over over X ticket is a winning ticket which gives away Y money

For the moment that's what I have in mind. If you have more requests, suggestions, wishes, let me know.

New Mod for NWE created and will be available soon..

Add friends and Enemies to your list...

Enemies can be directly attacked from your list

Friends can be sent messages...

Nice work, it seems NWE is getting a nice lot of mods. :)

I have a mod idea.

Maybe pm me so I can give you the info?

Yep the number of mods is growing, officials or not. I'm happy about it. And as always it's a piece of cake installing them even more so, since you have it fully integrated inside the module manager:

1) Admin panel

2) Module manager

3) See which new mods there is => click on the link => here you are all done for you (download and install)

• 2 months later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]845[/ATTACH]Currently working on a gradient user names module. Staff will be able to make gradients that players can choose to use. Or perhaps buy with donation points or given as prize in contest. Generating 1000 gradients took about 1 second, and surged the CPU use to 30%. And with 50 gradients 19-20% CPU for 50ms. So will store the hex colors in the db using a user variable

gradient-sample.png.355febb3e0011bc993a2ab2f6fbe6d7c.png

DB contains:

Name, Description, Condition when it's available, Cost (AP), Success rate, Effect in case of success, time in jail in case you fail.

Then a page which let you browse all possible crimes, you pick on, (if you are allowed) then again the success is calculate and you succeed or fail the crime. You will then have a cool down period before being able to commit a crime again.

Cool down period is customizable. The other data is directly in the table so all is basically editable.

Its CSS based, one <span style="color:#000000"> per letter, the word administrator becomes 500+ characters.. Figured storing the whole generated HTML string would not be efficient and for usernames longer than 14 characters would break varchar(1024), so gonna glue and store the hex in one UserVariable, and use explode() when displaying the gradient username (or other text). Prefer CSS atm since the text can be selected for copy paste. Something I noticed gets done alot when playing this kind of games. Perhaps transparent images would be better, but think that will be another version.

I to have a crimes almost ready, its something I made while messing with making my own engine, the crimes are in an array in a file though. Atm it is based on guts stat I made while learning the engine, but should be easy to make using any stat. You get 3 (paying players could have more) random crimes that you have % chance to succeed at. As you succeed a crime, there is a chance you improve your skill at it. Max skill is 85%.

The thought of having only a few crimes available at any one time is that the player will be able to learn which ones that payout the best. Needs more admin interface to meet the NWE standard.

Edited by Someone

[ATTACH=CONFIG]845[/ATTACH]Currently working on a gradient user names module. Staff will be able to make gradients that players can choose to use. Or perhaps buy with donation points or given as prize in contest. Generating 1000 gradients took about 1 second, and surged the CPU use to 30%. And with 50 gradients 19-20% CPU for 50ms. So will store the hex colors in the db using a user variable

For my first mod well actually conversion I was planning on trying out snikos username image mod and see if I can do it, and if it works ill see if sniko wants to maybe add it to the market place and of course its with his consent and he'll have to be the one to add it