MakeWebGames

NWE Free and Dev 1.1.3 released! Use it as will now!

a_bertrand

Interesting, but for even more intriguing suggestion: Maybe have a 2-3 day sale where the full version is significantly discounted (50% off or more), that way the adopters on here can really have an opportunity to try out the full monty, without spending $100 on an engine that no full game has been made with to date. Just a suggestion for your box, if you're taking any. :)

True realm, there is still no running game. I still hope to see one soon ;-)

For the discount, I was actually thinking of having a special week or something like that. But 50 % or more seems... a lot. Usually special deals are 30% or so... But we shall see. So start saving your money now and let's say last week of the month (October) will be the special week.

True realm, there is still no running game. I still hope to see one soon ;-)

For the discount, I was actually thinking of having a special week or something like that. But 50 % or more seems... a lot. Usually special deals are 30% or so... But we shall see. So start saving your money now and let's say last week of the month (October) will be the special week.

Very cool...just a thought though. Someone who won't be spend $100 (should there be such a customer) probably won't spend $70 either. Someone who wouldn't spend $100 might spend $40 or $50 however. It might be a good way to kick start the development of games with it, and encourage more $100 purchases down the road when they see what the engine could (potentially) do. Just a thought anyhow.

Sorry, but if you are not willing to spend the money for it, then why do you expect even 50$ would be payed? Think that if you are a kid without money you will anyhow have troubles with hosting, domain name and whatever else. For those you can start with the free package and a free hosting... However the free hosting will not bring you much...

And no I'm not all that keen to go way too low, I think that if I make a offer, 30% shall be enough, 50% is too much in my opinion or it would mean => I'm not selling any and expect to grab some fast money. It's not the case therefore there is no real need for it. Sorry.

Alain is correct you dont devalue your product. Personally I think 30% still does that however its his product and his choice.

If you devalue too much then all you get is people who wait until you do it again and also disgruntle those that paid full price to begin with.

Its more counter productive.

Yes it's possible, and all depends on what the base McCode mod is. Actually coding things for NWE should not be more complex than coding then for V2. In some case it could be actually easier as for example you normally don't need to code any admin side, as the engine will do most of the work for you.