MakeWebGames

Area for Visual Basic? + Quick ques

Redex

I had a typo when saying VB..

The thing when using applications on a webpage is that you need a "authentication license" (can't remember real name)...

Then embedding it. It would work locally but not on servers. odd stuff trying to get app's to run threw webpages. I believe thats why flash was invented to simplify the task due to the security risk a real application could cause.

I'm lost... VB.NET can be used to create a website like you do with PHP => yes. All what's needed is included if you take the visual studio express web developer or something similar (btw the payed versions of visual studio can do all those kind of projects without having to switch between them) or you can do it also via mono develop which is free (don't know about VB.NET on mono develop as I used only C# there).

So no you don't need any external special tools, .NET can do that without a glitch.

I'm lost... VB.NET can be used to create a website like you do with PHP => yes. All what's needed is included if you take the visual studio express web developer or something similar (btw the payed versions of visual studio can do all those kind of projects without having to switch between them) or you can do it also via mono develop which is free (don't know about VB.NET on mono develop as I used only C# there).

So no you don't need any external special tools, .NET can do that without a glitch.

Never knew that. Havn't done much .net though. I'm gonna check out the vs express web developer.

@a_bertrand, don't you mean "VB.NET can be used to create a website like you do with php WHEN it is used in combination with asxp.net"?

Because, as far as I know, it doesn't matter what language you use for creating those code-behind files. But you still need to use aspx as well to make it one piece of web project.

True... but still ASPx.NET is not a 3rd party lib for me... or an external lib. PHP also requires mod_php or something inside apache to run as web app ;)

Also, you could skip the aspx and do the web serving yourself... I did it for a project of mine where a GUI acted also as webserver which you could connect for remote control.

• 2 months later...