MakeWebGames

Users Problem

skooda

Someone just botted my site a hour ago. When I say botted I mean maade 2k accounts in a matter of a min. So I just got done deleting the site and I turned on the captcha. So now when a user sign up thier id is 3000+. Could someone tell me how to fix this.

Dont you think you should address the issue to why it happened?

IE turning on captcha is not a solution.

Well it was a hacker( not really sure because he told me right after he did it.)

I always kept the captcha off as I hate it. But a few members on here told me to have it on. I guess i learn my lesson. But the hacker said he did it through a bot.

@seker No im not saying that. Maybe your getting your facts wrong or maybe your database is screwed. Just dont start accusing me. Ask your self this why your game? I have nothing against you. If you ask me I think your pretty cool. I see many games online and I play many game owner games on here im sure they can verify that I dont make more than 2 accounts and thats only bc I forget the username sometimes.

It didnt have nothing to do with the ingame just the register. As he put his refer link in the bot im guessing and it made over 2k accounts. I actually bought the bot from him a hour ago. No dont msg me for it. But if dab or coldblood want to check it out I will send it to them. No I havent used it.

It didnt have nothing to do with the ingame just the register. As he put his refer link in the bot im guessing and it made over 2k accounts. I actually bought the bot from him a hour ago. No dont msg me for it. But if dab or coldblood want to check it out I will send it to them. No I havent used it.

Regardless of what it was used for, you still paid for that. You can't go around giving it to people. Haven't you learned anything?

You could make this beneficial by placing all the 2k accounts in a gang and create a mission from it by killing all the 2k accounts etc

Also, Did they change IP per signup? If not, add this:

$already = $db->query("SELECT `userid` FROM `users` WHERE `signup_ip` = ". $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);
if( $db->num_rows($already) ) {
   echo 'You\'ve already an account on '. $set['game_name'];
   $h->endpage();
   exit;
}

You could make this beneficial by placing all the 2k accounts in a gang and create a mission from it by killing all the 2k accounts etc

Also, Did they change IP per signup? If not, add this:

$already = $db->query("SELECT `userid` FROM `users` WHERE `signup_ip` = ". $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);
if( $db->num_rows($already) ) {
   echo 'You\'ve already an account on '. $set['game_name'];
   $h->endpage();
   exit;
}

I like this idea ... but doesn't that eliminate potential players in the same house, apartment builiding, school dial up etc???

@Seker Dude wtf are you talking about. Read my got damn post clearly before posting. As clearly I said I bought it and im not selling it. Only people I will give it to is Dab or ColdBlooded. Maybe they can figure out how this could stop for users who dont have captcha on a mccode game. I only bought it because i was curious. So dude just stop trolling this thread.

@Lucky His name is Demon im sure most of the game owners banned him from their games. As his username is always demon.

@sniko yea but the 2k accounts screwed my game up. It took me awhile to delete all of them from the users table & userstats.

@Seker Dude wtf are you talking about. Read my got damn post clearly before posting. As clearly I said I bought it and im not selling it. Only people I will give it to is Dab or ColdBlooded. Maybe they can figure out how this could stop for users who dont have captcha on a mccode game. I only bought it because i was curious. So dude just stop trolling this thread.

Now, now, Spanky.

Did I say anything about selling? Redistributing is redistributing. And you have no right to do so, no matter the circumstances.

Macroing programs are legitimate programs, even when used for illegitimate purposes. Period.

I like this idea ... but doesn't that eliminate potential players in the same house, apartment builiding, school dial up etc???

True, so why not give them (the first account) a unique code that users need to enter to signup again, and it changes every time it has been used.