MakeWebGames

+1's!

Razor42

How come the forum doesn't use +1's? They can be a good indication to new comers as to whom are the respected and trusted pople on the forum because after all, your not going to have many +1's if you are not trusted. Just a random thing that popped into my head and wanna know the anwser :).

Negatives would ruin the concept of it really. You are all respected coders in my eyes who if I wanted work doing, I know I could go to you guys and recieve quality work. That would be one thing that would help new comers know who to trust when buying things instead of going to someone who is going to rip them off, and as you say in the past you all had negatives, which would mislead people into thinking your untrustworthy or something and go to someone who couldn't produce the work you guys could.

Negatives would ruin the concept of it really. You are all respected coders in my eyes who if I wanted work doing, I know I could go to you guys and recieve quality work. That would be one thing that would help new comers know who to trust when buying things instead of going to someone who is going to rip them off, and as you say in the past you all had negatives, which would mislead people into thinking your untrustworthy or something and go to someone who couldn't produce the work you guys could.

The problem with "Negatives would ruin the concept" is they are also the main reason for it. People who do poor work gain a poor reputation, and it's clear for all to see. As long as you can read the comments given along with that negative then what's the problem?

Well theres no fun in buying crappy work...

Or a programmer who has poor customer service.

I think it's always a valid indicator for the user's status within a community.

Most people doesn't even know that the sherrif badge has any use, and it has no merit anywhere - it doesn't show.

I believe you can list by reputation under the "community -> members list", but there should be a much more clear way to view this. As I said it should be easy to read all the comments that came with the feedback. Also, I would say a basic sum up as we had under SMF. Have that displayed on every post. I would assume Vbulletin has some kind of addon available along those lines...