MakeWebGames

[WTH] Game Developer

Frosty

Thank you for pointing that out, I still stand by what I say, whoever is successful will be paid in full and it is their responsibility whether to declare or not.

What's your age? And I assume you have others as part of your team, any information on them? Will there be a contract? etc..

As they are not responsible for the business, they are classified as an employee meaning it is your responsibility to deduct tax and National Insurance.

I think he is under the illusion that if the person is self employed then its none of your responsibility which is incorrect.

FYI, you only have to pay tax is you earn over a certain amount per annum, due to this being short term you wouldn't have to pay tax, and even if you did at the end of the year you would get a rebate.

Oh and i sent you an email

Edited by Guest

Like I've said multiple times whoever we acquire will be responsible to declare.

What's your age? And I assume you have others as part of your team, any information on them? Will there be a contract? etc..

I'm 23 years Old, We have a small team of 4 people, myself, marketing advisor, accountant and the investor/owner.

There will be an official contract for this work and possibly future work/permanent position could come out of this.

You should speak to your accountant then as being someone that employs staff myself. I think you have been given the wrong advice.

Thank you for your advice rulerofzu but as far as I am aware I have given all the information accurately, if I am wrong I apologies but I stand by what I have said.

I can hardly believe that you have 4 people including an accountant and your basically stating you will be paying cash in hand.

Your time frame on this is ludicrous. Pay even worse as your asking for a total of 5 weeks so thats what £6.42/hr a big 20p over minimum wage and as you keep stating your wanting them to also pay tax and ni contributions from that so its actually below minimum wage.

Good luck with that.

If you have a setup of accountant,marketing adviser, and investor/owner, then you are running a business, which when running a business you DO need to pay tax, you on the other hand are paying under the table, your doing it the illegal way in getting out of paying for business tax, and you can get in trouble for such, if the person who takes this position up looks into it. You can be owing business tax, and a penalty!! Does not matter if the employee does not pay, it's not him/her at fault it would be YOU, any business for that matter has to sign up for a business license and pay the taxes owed, rather the employee fails to report your business or not.

Edited by lucky3809

It still does amaze me how even these sorts of situations can become negative for the original poster.

I believe the original poster is now aware of the tax implications of the offer he has posted and that the offer he has posted is also only just scraping on above minimum wage, lets keep this on topic now guys. He's looking for a developer, not wanting tips on how to run his operation.

It still does amaze me how even these sorts of situations can become negative for the original poster.

I believe the original poster is now aware of the tax implications of the offer he has posted and that the offer he has posted is also only just scraping on above minimum wage, lets keep this on topic now guys. He's looking for a developer, not wanting tips on how to run his operation.

I agree that we should keep it on topic, and I agree that we shouldn't have negativity however it is a fact that needs to be considered. The poster repeated many a time that he was sticking by his word and saying that it was the employees responsibility suggesting that he isn't going to abide by the law and thus potentially putting any employee and his business at risk.

I agree that we should keep it on topic, and I agree that we shouldn't have negativity however it is a fact that needs to be considered. The poster repeated many a time that he was sticking by his word and saying that it was the employees responsibility suggesting that he isn't going to abide by the law and thus potentially putting any employee and his business at risk.

Indeed the employee has said that, if he does end up employing someone and the IR find out I'm sure he will receive the various fines/punishment.

There's nothing more we can do then suggest the right thing to do, and that has been done in my eyes!