MakeWebGames

Sell me a starter database?

dnenb

All what you ask above.Give me a price.

Not the way it works:) I'm asking for a price. And when I ask what it includes i mean this: How many crimes? How many crimegroups? How many items? How many itemtypes? How many courses? And so on..

Ohh wow, what do you know another "original" game. That $100 you spent on the the license is a loss now

I hope you sensed my sarcasm in the first sentance.

I have no intention of making my game original at this point. Keep this on topic, please :)

Sorry on advance for being annoyed, but this was supposed to be easy.

Please DO NOT send me a message asking me what I offer. I'm asking you.

Please DO NOT send me a message with a link to your game and tell me to check that out. Give me the numbers.

Please DO NOT go on about how I should create my game. That should be my own business.

By the way: I find it weird that this isn't included with mccode when you buy it, or is available as an extra purchase (whoever sells mccode could easily have earned more money from me). And I know everyone says you should do your own thing and create something unique, but that's not what most people here are interested in doing.

Edited by dnenb

I'm lazy. Can anyone sell me a sql dump of their cities, courses, crimegroups, crimes, houses, items, itemtypes, jobranks, jobs, orgcrimes, shopitems and shops?

I have mccode v2

I can see your game going a long way. if you can't even be bothered to do the most basic thing's on a game,,,

• Like 1

Regardless of whether or not they are helpful comments or not ... they have valid points.

Though creating the items, city names etc takes some time and creative thinking ... this is what makes whatever game you are planning on making unique. Copying someone elses tables is as you said ... very lazy ... and pointless.

If he doesn't want to create them and would rather pay someone else to provide them for him, it's his business.

The OP has already stated that he does not wish the game to be original at this point and as a starting point, Is not a bad idea.

• Like 1

If he doesn't want to create them and would rather pay someone else to provide them for him, it's his business.

The OP has already stated that he does not wish the game to be original at this point and as a starting point, Is not a bad idea.

Thanks.

Games don't have to be original to go far. It depends on owner and content.

I agree. I'm targeting a niche not many text based games are in, and I have funds for marketing in places I haven't seen any other text based games market themselves. There's not a doubt in my mind that my game (*games, eventually) will catch on and get a lot of users.

Well this is interesting lets see

Zu has 55 cities, over 500 items in 9 item types and 75 shops with 85% of the items available to buy complete with item pictures info and descriptions.

So when you include the time it has taken to make all those then a nice $15000 should do it. Would you like my paypal email? :D

Zu has 55 cities, over 500 items in 9 item types and 75 shops with 85% of the items available to buy complete with item pictures info and descriptions.

So when you include the time it has taken to make all those then a nice $15000 should do it. Would you like my paypal email? :D

Hehe.. Nice work and a nice game you have, but that a little bit out of the price range I was thinking :P

I'll buy would ya mind if I pay you a 1$ a month it will add up :D

I'm lazy. Can anyone sell me a sql dump of their cities, courses, crimegroups, crimes, houses, items, itemtypes, jobranks, jobs, orgcrimes, shopitems and shops?

I have mccode v2

Games don't have to be original to go far. It depends on owner and content.

You may want to take a gander at his original post but I do agree with you just not in his case, that explains it right there.

I agree. I'm targeting a niche not many text based games are in, and I have funds for marketing in places I haven't seen any other text based games market themselves. There's not a doubt in my mind that my game (*games, eventually) will catch on and get a lot of users.

You are attempting to buy some tables off people so this statement doesnt line up. Also you claim you dont want to be different.

So let me get this straight, you want to buy db info off people cause you dont care about being different but you are aiming to go places no other game has gone before?

If people want to play one game that has a submachine gun why should they pick your game over the one the has 200+ online users at any given time? Especially if your using the "exact same" content as that game. Why should I go donate there to build my stats when im already in the HOF somewhere else and waste my money?

Let me guess, your going to have crimes, jail, hospital, and a street search right?

Im not dissing those features in a game nor am I dissing your game at all but see I pretty much predicted your game.

Maybe rethink your approach, I would guarantee your game would be that much better, more unique, and a bit of personal touch, plus you will probably be a lot more proud of a game that YOU thought of and nit someone else.

You may want to take a gander at his original post but I do agree with you just not in his case, that explains it right there.

You are attempting to buy some tables off people so this statement doesnt line up. Also you claim you dont want to be different.

So let me get this straight, you want to buy db info off people cause you dont care about being different but you are aiming to go places no other game has gone before?

Did you read my post? I do not aim to go where no games has gone before. I'm saying I'm going to advertise in a place I haven't seen text based games advertise before. Do you understand the difference?

If people want to play one game that has a submachine gun why should they pick your game over the one the has 200+ online users at any given time? Especially if your using the "exact same" content as that game. Why should I go donate there to build my stats when im already in the HOF somewhere else and waste my money?

They're going going to pick my game simply because they don't know about any other games. If you don't understand this, read what I wrote above once more.

Let me guess, your going to have crimes, jail, hospital, and a street search right?

Im not dissing those features in a game nor am I dissing your game at all but see I pretty much predicted your game.

Maybe rethink your approach, I would guarantee your game would be that much better, more unique, and a bit of personal touch, plus you will probably be a lot more proud of a game that YOU thought of and nit someone else.

I agree with you 100%. But I've already said (multiple times) that I don't want to do that at this point.

Edited by dnenb
typo