MakeWebGames

Hit me with your best shot!

Spudinski

I thought I'd share some of my recent work on here, since I don't get to do that a lot.

I made myself a new website over the weekend, but I got bored and didn't fill it with any content - as always.

Link: http://www.nand.co.za

Whad'ya guys think?

Actually, also tell me what I can improve.

I did this as a potential attraction for employers/clients later on.

I had an idea to write everything in cryptic code to show off, but I didn't think too many people would appreciate my efforts for it.

But, please comment on my code as well(or that which you can see).

(This is not advertising, it's me seeking feedback)

Edited by Spudinski

I thought I'd share some of my recent work on here, since I don't get to do that a lot.

I made myself a new website over the weekend, but I got bored and didn't fill it with any content - as always.

Whad'ya guys think?

I had an idea to write everything in cryptic code to show off, but I didn't think too many people would appreciate my efforts for it.

Oops! Google Chrome could not find http://www.nand.co.za

Personally? I think it's bitchin'. :P

Yeah it showed me. Took a little while to load, but that can be due to me using the internet from Starbucks. I think it's pretty nice when the images finally loaded. Very clean and simple. Would you place your client work in the background?

I'm planning a grid layout of screenshots/images of my projects to fade in and out like the current(big) backgrounds, but just individual tiles.

I did create a perloader for the huge hi-res images though.

I quiet like it, it's the kind of sites you see made in flash yet it's not, pure HTML / CSS / JS, so it deserves some kudos. Now the question is, would I use such design myself? Probably not, but still, I do like it.

Thank you.

Concept wise yeah I like it. The background images need to be done so they fit exactly but other than that its a nice design. I would like to see how your going to integrate content into it.

I noticed that at work.. 20-odd inch screen with they're resolutions make my images look small.

I'm thinking of using Kendo UI for the interface itself, but the rest I'll fine tune to standardise the look of all the content.

I'm also planning on pulling Wordpress posts into the "Artikels" section, but I have by doubt of it due to the recent security flaws of it.

Looking for alternatives though, rather than writing a blog engine myself - suggestions welcomed.

Looks like the default Apache server page, a Heading 1 saying 'It Works!'

Well, CloudFlare reports no issues, and my server is... I want to say perfect, but I won't jinx it.

It's probably a DNS issue somewhere within the *internet* then.

Mind posting a traceroute to www.nand.co.za, and also one to lady.nand.co.za.

Damn, those are becoming too regular nowadays.

Whad'ya guys think?

Despite the fact i don't understand a single word... SHOW OFF! :P :)

Haha Lithium..

My website is in Afrikaans, and my audience is either fully Afrikaans or bi-lingual.

Furthermore, there are many tools available online to help with translation; Google Chrome has an excellent built-in translator.

Though, adding English isn't that much of a deal, it's just a few template files that needs cloning.. but I really don't see the benefit of it.