MakeWebGames

Whats the best place to learn for me

Unreal

Im sure this will help others who happen to come across this

But i need a site to learn PHP that teaches it in a simple way and so i dont get lost halfway through

I see people these days still mention W3schools.com which has incorrect stuff in some parts

I've seen people mention tizag.com Which is alright but still not for me

I've always preferred examples and to work hand's on

Hence the reason i got a game script so i can also have a look at it while learning and to understand it a little more

But i havent come across a good place where i can learn to my best ability

So what im asking is do any of you know anymore good sites to learn from?

Thanks for any replies as it means a lot

So, where do I start?

My idea of learning any programming language has always been the same.

Learn the basic constructs of a language, and find a need for it.

The best way to learn a programming language in my experience is still just to "dive in".

Although there are many books on the subject of PHP, the easiest way of learning PHP, by far, is still just reading the manual. But, if you require diverse and technical documentation on PHP, this could be troublesome.

PHP is changing a lot with every sub-major version, and something that has been written even a few minor version back may have changed to some degree.

If you want to learn PHP 5 OOP, my suggestion is to read PHP Objects Patterns and Practice, by Matt Zandstra. It covers most OOP topics related to PHP, and will even familiarize someone with no prior OOP knowledge with the greater concepts thereof.

If you are a complete beginner to any programming language, and feel you really need to learn PHP(although I'd suggest Python), have a look at Programming PHP, by Rasmus Lerdorf the creator of PHP himself.

If you think you're a kung-fu-rocketlaunching-bear-riding ninja who's an expert with PHP, there's still some things that you may not know about, and I would suggest Expert PHP and MySQL, which introduces advanced concepts of PHP.

Ref: http://www.gamemakersforum.com/threads/how-do-i-start-with-php.96/

Im sure this will help others who happen to come across this

But i need a site to learn PHP that teaches it in a simple way and so i dont get lost halfway through

I see people these days still mention W3schools.com which has incorrect stuff in some parts

I've seen people mention tizag.com Which is alright but still not for me

I've always preferred examples and to work hand's on

Hence the reason i got a game script so i can also have a look at it while learning and to understand it a little more

But i havent come across a good place where i can learn to my best ability

So what im asking is do any of you know anymore good sites to learn from?

Thanks for any replies as it means a lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK1tBB9nHUE&list=PL960338B143E7F889&index=1&feature=plpp_video

I've started learning here. The guy on Youtube is called phpacademy he makes loads of good videos, really easy to follow. :)