MakeWebGames

hireing staff

Raven1992

**UPDATE**

DUE TO PEOPLE TELLING ME RESOPNSEBITLLY i have decided not to take staff and jus tell you that my new game has some mods on there got working crime working exp got houses wepons gangs so if you want to check it out sign up to http://www.gothcentral.net and have fun on there the game is new so any advice would be good in running a game

The offical opening won't be till August section possibly September

Edited by Raven1992
update

Donator pack, means they get some extra benefits when playing the game. So it's not really a payment.

Oh ok, I thought it would be something outside of the game. So let me get this right, you are recruiting someone to help you and inreturn they get access to the donator features? Wow....

yeah i got a text based game and i am hireing staf 1 admin 3 mods 3 assistants (known as support) if you want the job u get free dp at the end of each month pl2 mail me why you want to work as a staff and what can u do to improve it with me mail is [email protected]

Im going to say this is not a good idea 3 reasons.

1.Your hiring people you don't know and giving out a admin position.

2.Im pretty sure no one on here would apply why because this a gamer forum which the odd are 85% of this forum is game developers or game owners.

3.A DP isnt worth that much and still would be a waste of time to work for it.

Heres a solution you could open the game wait a while and see how your members turn out then can you choose staff. Thats just how I would do it.

Im going to say this is not a good idea 3 reasons.

1.Your hiring people you don't know and giving out a admin position.

2.Im pretty sure no one on here would apply why because this a gamer forum which the odd are 85% of this forum is game developers or game owners.

3.A DP isnt worth that much and still would be a waste of time to work for it.

Heres a solution you could open the game wait a while and see how your members turn out then can you choose staff. Thats just how I would do it.

people have there own ways

people have there own ways

I think i have told you earlier that for you to have an even half decent game it would take you a few month at least.

Also having a flat standard mccodes game and requesting help/work the way you are doing, will only lead to a single outcome.

IF you do want to have a successful game, either start opening your wallet and hire someone to help you, or do it yourself.

Okay, I just checked your website out. Why do you say it's 45% complete when there is nothing but the engine/redux on the website? No crimes, barely any items, no cities, no courses, no estates. I mean, what is done on the site except you installing it? Now I am really curious on what you want from your administrators or moderators. Do you want them to create all the crimes, places, etc for you?

Edited by W3Theory || Peter

you would be better off putting more info in your post or no one is gunna really care ya know.

and the best place to get "free staff" would be your game....

I would listen to this post

About 99% of people here are gameowners and developers so the only staff you may get from here are people that want to help with your game on the file/db side of things and it would be really rare to find someone willing to do that for a Dpack or two.

Here is a little advice:

1. New template is a must, MC even tells you that in the little file they throw in the .zip cause looks are very important to members. No one wants to play an ugly game.

2. Security, this is also a must. Nothing is "100%" secure, trust me I know ;). There are a lot of no lifes out there that ruin peoples hard work for s**ts and giggles, and at minimum spend about $200 for it dont go cheap cause you'll regret it.

3. Storyline, come up with a storyline to keep people interested and not running a muck. You would be amazed at stuff you can add in as extras with a decent storyline.

4. Advertise, there are several top sites out there to help you and maybe pay for add space on a site as well.

5. Mods, you are going to need a lot of mods or players get bored. Try to be original too, a lot of games have the same stuff which isnt always bad because some players like certain aspects of other games they have played in the past and makes them feel a little at home.

I am telling you all this from experience and wish I listened to people/learned this from the get go. This is not as easy as it looks or sounds to make the next hit game that everyone wants to play, the better the game, the more players you get, the more $$$ you get and the more staff members you get.

Having staff at this point in time is useless, you wont need the help this early on.

Not too great on description, you yet said nothing interesting, but that the person gets 1 DP a month.

You yet stated the platform your game is on, nor have you stated what your goals are for the game, or the theme of it, or provided a link to your game.

To be honest the only staff you should seek on this forum is an administrator the other positions should be given to your loyal players that would be interested in being staff on your game such forum moderators and report/secretaries ect... Your players will do it for free and would not mind just 1 DP a month, and probably the ability to create their own item. Just saying...

Not too great on description, you yet said nothing interesting, but that the person gets 1 DP a month.

You yet stated the platform your game is on, nor have you stated what your goals are for the game, or the theme of it, or provided a link to your game.

To be honest the only staff you should seek on this forum is an administrator the other positions should be given to your loyal players that would be interested in being staff on your game such forum moderators and report/secretaries ect... Your players will do it for free and would not mind just 1 DP a month, and probably the ability to create their own item. Just saying...

i dunno about that

Okay a good game support systems needs good players. Lucky is right.

You really shouldn't pick anyone as an admin. If said admin has a bad day and decides your game is "for it" then he will destroy it.

So take care when picking Admins.

For support/mods just get good trustworthy players.