MakeWebGames

Annoying visable code

Hey guys,

Now, Noticed this before and have noticed it today, when roaming around the site, I often see little snippets of code, for example;

'); var sidebar_align = 'right'; var content_container_margin = parseInt('290px'); var sidebar_width = parseInt('270px'); //-->

Which was located above the very logo,

AND

'); loadVbCss(yuipath + '/treeview/assets/skins/sam/treeview.css'); //-->

Which was located above the "Sections" box on the homepage

AND

'); } else { document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); } document.write(''); //-->

Which was located on the "My Profile" page at the top

There to two easily findable, Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. Its not site-destorying, but rather annoying.

Thanks Dan.

Edited by Danny696

It might be due to either a slow connection(here or by you) or packet loss.

It's simply the browser loading the page so slowly, it begins to render the DOM before everything is transfered completely.

I'd suggest you use Opera or Chrome, which actually waits for a page to finish loading before rendering anything.

I run a demo version each time I load my computer, My HDD is broken, so cannot access it, so this would be impossible.

Either buy a new HDD and install the operating system.. or you could potentially just install it upon a USB stick?

Word of advise: your hard drives needs to be in such a way that if the FBI came knocking on your door, you can take a 10 pound sledge hammer to them and still have all your data afterwards.

Edit: With reply to Dave's comment..

Install a Live OS on your USB, and fix the disk.

It's probably just one thing on your hard drive that's failing, so you can work around that.

See mine for example:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]419[/ATTACH]

222445527_Screenshotfrom2012-06-01065309.thumb.png.806f8cbe6083cf0ec54a1504f7fc7b18.png

Edited by Spudinski

• 2 weeks later...
Word of advise: your hard drives needs to be in such a way that if the FBI came knocking on your door, you can take a 10 pound sledge hammer to them and still have all your data afterwards.

If you can recover your data, so can anyone else...especially the FBI lol...

What happens if its not? And would that be possible for it to survive a 10 pound sledge hammer and anything/one to retrieve the data?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]495[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]496[/ATTACH]

There the two bad sectors, also seems to be an I/O error

Screenshot.thumb.png.8deac7e8674dc4b8541c56289a64b771.png

Screenshot-1.thumb.png.05fb6ef6e30d519dd1a0310770dbb7eb.png

Edited by Danny696

• 4 weeks later...
i always wondered if old browsers would spew out php code

PHP is processed on the server side, so there is no way for a browser to cause code to be visible, the only way php code would be visible is if you stuck it into a .html file (and even then it might not, depends on how your server is configured) or to forget the <?php tags. Just sayin'

Edited by booher

PHP is processed on the server side, so there is no way for a browser to cause code to be visible, the only way php code would be visible is if you stuck it into a .html file (and even then it might not, depends on how your server is configured) or to forget the <?php tags. Just sayin'

Or your server isn't configured to serve PHP pages, which would cause the server to spew out the content in form of the file's mime-type.

For PHP it's text/plain.