MakeWebGames

Advanced Dogtags Mod [$10] Great for Contests and User Involvement!

Arson

Dogtags with Goals & Rewards

This is one of my most customizable mods to date.

It is not to be confused with the usual "Dog Tags" systems you see. While similar, it is definitely not the same.

The concept is simple, players attack other players, and depending on your settings, gives them the option of stealing a "dog tag" upon defeating a player.

Here's what you can do in the extensive staff panel:

Change any of the language (words shown to the players) within the mod, as well as the label for dog tags. You can call them scalps, fingers, ears, dog tags, paperclips, whatever.

Set how frequently you want players to be able to steal other players' tags.

Create/Delete Goals for Players to achieve and receive rewards

Turn on/off the modification entirely, for seasonal use.

Turn on/off experience gains when stealing dog tags

If the player reaches any of the goals set by you, they receive an event and the reward you set for that goal.

This mod is an excellent way to get your players active and involved in the game.

The price for this mod is a cheap $10

As with all my mods this includes full support and updates for life.

View Screenshots and Purchase this Mod through WebGameMods.com

Alternatively, if you have an MCCodeMods account you can purchase my Dogtags with Goals & Rewards Mod through there.

event.png.d6d31a2b2fba1aab46f52835930d87a2.png

staff.thumb.png.b711a6708a08386ada8f7e5426a1022a.png

Edited by Arson

Just purchased this mod looks great, However i am having a few problems.. $db->free_result($od); is an undefined function and its giving me a few errors, did you miss any global_func inputs in the installation files?

Just purchased this mod looks great, However i am having a few problems.. $db->free_result($od); is an undefined function and its giving me a few errors, did you miss any global_func inputs in the installation files?

That's strange, $db->free_result() is a function that comes with the engine, and is used in the other attack_mug/hosp/etc files in the exact same manner.

I actually gutted one of them and kept the basic calls to user data and gang respect queries in tact, which is why the $db->free_result() function is even being used in one of my mods lol..

On that note I haven't had any errors with it in my development environment (v2.0.4).

On another note I can't see any real reason to even have that line in there in the first place.

If you take those two lines:

$r = $db->fetch_row($od);
$db->free_result($od);

And replace them with this:

$r = mysql_fetch_array($od);

Not everyone should have to do that, I am imagining its probably a breaking change they made between 2.0.4 and 2.5 (assuming youre running 2.5?).

Regardless, I will get the files on MCCodeMods updated with this fix as soon as I get a hold of Cronus.

We know. I am sure just saying bump would work the same.

Didn't see that Cronus had already posted, however I am sure my redundant post still contributes much more value to this thread than you unnecessarily pointing it out.

Thanks for the bump though.

As SamZ pointed out, my price is 1/3 the price of Zero's mod.

I am also around to provide support and updates for my mod.

With my mod there are no unique dog tags, or dogtag points, or a hall of fame (although I like the HOF idea and will probably add that to mine in some way or another)

Its more of an acheivement type system for the attacking.

You can decide how frequently players can get dogtags from another player through the staff functions.

Take a look at the staff screenshot for a moment.

Notice the frequency options:

If the frequency is set to no restrictions, Player A can take a tag from Player B as many times as they want.

If the frequency is set to "Once per player", then Player A can only take one dogtag from Player B, ever.

The once per X hours/minutes options are self explanatory.

Now take a look at the goals section at the bottom of the staff page, this enables you to set "Goals" for players to reach. Once they obtain the required amount (set by you) they receive an event and are automatically credited with the reward you set.

Using the frequency settings you can decide how hard it is to reach those goals. This part alone gives players something to strive for.

You can use the mod for seasonal contests (hence the on/off switch), or make a whole plethora of goals and use it as a sort of Achievements system for your attack system.

Id be willing to bet that your players will love this feature.

Oh yeah and you can change them from dog tags. If you want the players to take "Scalps" instead, simply change the language settings.

I've done my best to make this mod as customizable as possible without messing about in the code.

If anyone has any suggestions that theyd like to see in future updates of the mod let me know.

I do have a couple things planned so far.

1) A page that shows players the goals they need to meet and the rewards for said goals (that can be turned on/off like the mod.

2) Hall of Fame for dog tags taken

No need. Ive seen people come back after many more years than that.

Yeeeeeeah I think I was gone (from MWG) for about 4 or 5 years.

They always come running back ;)

If you already have Zero's dogtags mod, don't write mine off just yet.

It functions completely differently, there is no "dogtag points" or point shops. It simply credits a reward, like an achievement of sorts, after the player collects X amount of "tags".

So if you already have "DogTags", you can easily change what my "tags" are called to suit your game, and give players yet another reason to love your battle system.

Heck you can make it "Kidnapping Grandmas" instead of "Dog Tags". When I make a mod these days I focus as much as I can on flexibility and customization.

If you can think of anything else that could be added to this mod please feel free to let me know. I would really like to improve on my current creations as much as I like creating new ones :)

Yeeeeeeah I think I was gone (from MWG) for about 4 or 5 years.

They always come running back ;)

If you already have Zero's dogtags mod, don't write mine off just yet.

It functions completely differently, there is no "dogtag points" or point shops. It simply credits a reward, like an achievement of sorts, after the player collects X amount of "tags".

So if you already have "DogTags", you can easily change what my "tags" are called to suit your game, and give players yet another reason to love your battle system.

Heck you can make it "Kidnapping Grandmas" instead of "Dog Tags". When I make a mod these days I focus as much as I can on flexibility and customization.

If you can think of anything else that could be added to this mod please feel free to let me know. I would really like to improve on my current creations as much as I like creating new ones :)

If you want some ideas arson, maybe an option for a time period and a 1st 2nd and 3rd winner prize for the most tags ;) Maybe also an option to adjust the amount of dog tags someone can take off another.