MakeWebGames

Updated website

a_bertrand

Someone pointed me that the sale site look was... poor and he said it nicely. Indeed it was, simply I didn't invested time in design, to concentrate on the coding. So as comments come in, I had to react you know me ;)

Therefore I invested some time on creating a layout for it, it's certainly not the best, but is an improvement:

http://www.nw-engine.com/index.php

I added as well some screenshots and explanation of a couple of features, and added the option to sort modules per date, such that you can see new updates or new modules in the shop.

Happy browsing.

I never check HTML validity, specially for my own stuff. Why? because it has no effect of what people actually see. What counts is that browser do render it, now how you wrote the HTML is basically totally irrelevant. If you use word or, photoshop to have something, and if you are able to do what you want, then for me it would be enough. Of course if your site takes 2 hours to load and it doesn't render on the major web browser I would have something against it. As here it's not the case, I don't see the point even to complain about W3 validity nor even to check it ;)

For the table vs div, again this is religious war and, I will not even enter it. Enough has been said, everyone can have his opinion on it.

I never check HTML validity, specially for my own stuff. Why? because it has no effect of what people actually see. What counts is that browser do render it, now how you wrote the HTML is basically totally irrelevant. If you use word or, photoshop to have something, and if you are able to do what you want, then for me it would be enough. Of course if your site takes 2 hours to load and it doesn't render on the major web browser I would have something against it. As here it's not the case, I don't see the point even to complain about W3 validity nor even to check it ;)

For the table vs div, again this is religious war and, I will not even enter it. Enough has been said, everyone can have his opinion on it.

There's actually a pretty damn good reason W3C validation does matter....

W3C sets forth a set of rules to follow when generating HTML content.

Browsers are developed upon those rules, and attempts to display the content in a predetermined manner.

Now, if you don't follow the rules, it's pretty certain that your page will not be handled the same by all browsers, and in affect to malformed pages.

So ask yourself? Did you design the website to display differently in each browser, or the same in all?

I'm fairly certain it's the latter.

For more see http://www.purpleclaw.co.uk/blog-why-valid-code-matters.php.

First impressions are everything and I'll be honest- when I look at scripts, I always check out the place it is based.

I completely agree, and going with this logic how many people would actually validate a website before they use it?

Google, and Facebook both fail to validate are you going to stop using them?

Back to the original question; yes I like the new look. It’s a lot better, however the market needs currency next to the price (per mod) as right now it could be £ or $ or just about anything…

I would also suggest the top menu has a link to the demo, and a new page that lists the complete features you will be getting. It’s normally something people look at before the demo.