MakeWebGames

Too Complicated For Newbies?

Damagedcity.com

I would like to know if any of you out here feel that the NW Engine's script is complicated

I myself would say Modular based engines haven't been popular around here... EzRpg is one them but its pretty awesome To be Honest..

But according to me , i think everyone who started coding by seeing mccodes would find the NW Engine a bit too complicated script .. I mean after all mccodes was One of the easiest game engine to code on ..Most of us would have chosen the mccodes path

So do you people find it complicated??

i m gonna go with a No..

Well I've not seen the NWE script but any decent PHP developer would easily be able to adjust to any environment without massive complications. Those who can only code for McCodes, in my opinion, can't code PHP.

I may look into the NEW engine for potential modifications in the near future though!

My opinion isn't the prettiest, so I'll keep it to myself...

Your opinion, or yourself? :-P

On topic:

NWE isn't complicated for me, it's like learning to work with any other engine/framework, however it's different that what I mostly run into or what I'm used too..

All engines are complicated to begin with not everyone codes the same I have to admit i was bemused by the NWE but so was i when i first saw other engines. ive made 6 mods for this engine so far and have too say once you get the hang of the routines its quite simple.. Infact id go as far to say that in comparison NWE is easier to work with than MCC

Edited by illusions

i agree with damaged that nw engine is complicated for newbie's i myself started with mccodes and now i am gone to far.First when i took a look at it i found it very complicated but now i m doing good with it.I am creating an auction house for it.

I think a maximum it will take to learn the whole engine(For newbies) is 2 days because i took one day to learn it.

It's the same as jumping something like forum software. You have always used SMF, and jump to Mybb you're going to be lost for a little while. Once you get your bearings you end up fine.

If you really are having trouble, and this goes for everyone, look over the wiki. If you're still lost go into chat and talk to a_bertrand, he is online most week days. If not, create a thread on here.