11 members have voted

1. 1. Can you spot the bugs?

• 5 - 10
    • 10 - 15
    • 15 - 20
    • 20 - 25
    • 25 - 30
    • > 30

still, look at the script, make it better in any possible way you can think of. C'mon spudinski, show us what you're worth! If it crosses your mind, add it to your list. And now I need to shut up before octarine kills me for spoiling much xD

I wouldnt say making it better would be bugs. If it works, then its bug free, So theres no need for such things as security.

Come on peeps; I'd like to see a lot more people trying this.

A few of us have discussed various aspects in PM and on IRC and we all

seem it be in agreement in as much as it is a useful exercise.

A couple of us have discussed using it or something similar as a problem

for prospective employees; so far I think there is only one candidate we

would be looking at.

To be honest a low response rate does not surprise me. I’ve not really looked at the script in depth however I can already see problems that have occurred purely due to how you have decided to structure it. Along with that there are some problems that are evident that everyone should fix I guess, but beyond that it’s down to your own style. As an example let’s take - as it has already been talked about a little –

header(“Location: “); 

Technically it should be an absolute url, but does that count as bug to you? What about not exiting after using it? What about those who close a PHP tag rather then echo’ing HTML out? Marking someone’s score is more than how many things wrong they can count. Especially in this case since you have counted things like inconstant style with Indentation as a problem… (http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/40983-Can-you-spot-the-bugs-Chapter-1-Visual-errors-and-gotchas)

I hope you don’t take it the wrong way, and I hope you understand this point of view that Danny seemed to be trying to portray… I think anyway.

Oh there is a nice big security problem that has so far eluded everybody :D

The solution I'm sad to say; has partially escaped me; so it will be interesting

to see how people deal with it.

There is one that I doubt you will even get, since you blew it out as a "bug" in the PM I sent you.

IT might be technical, but if you go down to indentation as being a "bug" it certainly deserves the status as well.