MakeWebGames

Mass Emailer [ADVANCED]

Apocalyptical

You can select all users or different groups of users, and send a mass message to the email they signed up with. Fully customize-able.

3gobbac

First In staff_special.php Find:

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Below It Insert:

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Next, Find:

Below It Insert:

Finally, In smenu.php, Find:

Below It Insert:

Actually, the email isn't going through the host, so it doesn't count. I tested it with over 200+ users, quick, simplistic, no issues what so ever. The sent emails don't show up on your host email at all, so doesn't go towards "sent" mails from that email, but it will let you know if there was an sending failure, and people can send replies to it. Its a user-friendly, lightweight, mailer, you really can't go wrong.

Not going through the host? Whats that suppose to mean? php_mail and smtp both "go" through the host. Maybe because your hosting company logs direct smtp emails, but not php_mail. Rest assured, its still being counted. Otherwise anyone could sign up and begin to spam all of eternity.

I'd be interested in seeing the headers for those emails. My main problem is getting emails delivered. Sites like AOL/Hotmail won't accept my mail unless all the headers are perfect. So I said, eff it, and pay postmark for my emails.

So long as you are NOT spamming people and its not solicitations they can't do anything. How else does every single online game that has a newsletter send them out? Its all got to start somewhere.

By doing....

Having it run on a cron, sending xx per hour, would be a better choice IMO ~ Some Random B*****d

• 1 year later...

Mass emailer

Not going through the host? Whats that suppose to mean? php_mail and smtp both "go" through the host. Maybe because your hosting company logs direct smtp emails, but not php_mail. Rest assured, its still being counted. Otherwise anyone could sign up and begin to spam all of eternity.

I'd be interested in seeing the headers for those emails. My main problem is getting emails delivered. Sites like AOL/Hotmail won't accept my mail unless all the headers are perfect. So I said, eff it, and pay postmark for my emails.

This is true. I have no email accounts through my host. This really DOES work! "Rest assured, its still being counted."? No, Its not. Not with my host anyways...