MakeWebGames

Flash login!

MrAnthony

Well torn is not a very good or attractive game. It has a lot of members due to its age and if it was launched today would fail so why you would base a game on torn? Other than you cannot think originally.

Surprisingly.. the game only gets good after you've progressed through the first boring sections of the game. I quite enjoy the game and I never find text based games interesting. The large user base is due to the way they've setup their game. The amount of features which are hidden away which I didn't even know about until I asked someone what the hell I was doing.

Also the fact that most of the torn rip offs seem to do rather well, profit wise. So there is something decent there.

It is always a smart move to research your argument before starting one.

I just loaded the source view of both and you can clearly tell they are not using the same HTML elements, set up etc.

Considering the RC login is just a rip of TC, they are both as bad as one another.

If you can not be original, why bother competing in an already over-crowded market? Had to have a unique element to get it off the ground to any decent height, in my opinion.

Who's arguing? i'm simply stating facts. I purchased a copy of that engine as well direct from icecoldcola. Just because the html elements are not the exact same doesn't mean a dam thing. Obviously its been changed around. If you look closer at it you will see that a few things have been changed around and thats all.

To be honest it was a perfectly fair comment. You're asking for comments, and someone mentions it looks the same as another game. That in itself means the first impression players will have is “Torn rip”. If it's a rip of a torn rip... you see where this is going.

If you can't keep your comments civil don't say anything beyond “No it's not the same.”. Frankly it makes you look bad, not the one who brought a template that clearly looks the same to people's attention. Your work or not it is based on the same game anyway... there are other who have a very similar template.

My suggestion – Even if the game is based on a larger one such as torn, the look and feel is not something you want to clone. First off people will immediately be put off by it. Second you will find a lot of people believe it's not your work. Redesign it based more around your story.