MakeWebGames

You might wanna be careful - Offical MS Site?

Rasheed saeed

Hi, (http://www.securepcworld.com/ - Don't click this link just yet)

Well I haven't been on for awhile since I don't develop anymore but this story is 'some-what' related to WWW/Computer, anyways. I got a phone call earlier today while I was doing the dishes, and it was a phone call from 'Microsoft Official Security Center' and they were offering to help protect and get of any Viruses, Trojans (despite the fact I have full security from Virgin) as I 'was' a registered user to them. They then ask me to go to the "Official Website of MS" and look at the packages and register to their website to secure my PC(What? I thought I was already registered with them, and I thought Microsoft give Free security if your a user) it was weird but I carried on and visited their website(Now click the link at top...). wtf. After seeing this layout by 'Microsoft' you would really aspect something for professional and impressive(Because they are) but this took the piss. I carried on to the packages while talking to the Pakistani on the phone. They give me a 6 digit code(Only for me) to connect to my computer(565224) and connected to my computer. They(Them selfs) picked the packages for me and asked to fill out my personal information(With out me telling the man on the phone(of course fake details), and got directed onto fill-out page for my credit card details(Here's the best part). I spoke to the man on the phone and explained "I would really like to discuss this to my mum first" he the replied with "No no, don't worry, just fill out the form with your details and I will speak to your mum about us" - "No sorry, I would like to talk to my mum first" - "Sir, this would be alot quicker if you would fill-out the form and we contact you ASAP". That's were I ended the phone and shut down my computer.

So I would think these are just a fake. I'm not 100% sure, but how they wouldn't act 'professional' and despite the fact I have to pay for 'Windows Security' it's not right.. Anyway just wanted to warn you.

I think they got your number by you signing up to something else, and you either didn't or did tick a box upon signup something like "I allow you to share my details with 3rd parties" - they then sell those details to others.

Anyhow, i was laughing when i read it, BUT thankfully it didn't go any further

-sniko