MakeWebGames

Fully Functional Chat System [$80]

Blade Maker

I have a fully functional chat system made from: PHP, AJAX, JQUERY.

This chat system works for mccodes v2, and its fully secured that I know of, but if you find any hacks I will fix for free.

Here is a demo but the webhost is free so it IS SLOW on this webhost: Chat Box

Once signed in just go to chatbox.php

Demo account: scan5

Passoword: demo

Admin: demo1

Password: demo1

This chatbox shows you users in the chat box, has session, stores messages in db for reviewing, and offers banning/kicking for admins, banning gets logged on the staff panel.

You can easily change this so it does not use a db to store messages, or you can make the table a memory table to prevent lagging.

You will get auto kicked if you have been inactive for 10 minutes, and there is a logout of chat feature.

Scroll Bar is a little whacky but I can explain it in the private message.

This chat is nice if you have a dedicated server so it will not lag horribly.

If you have more questions please message me, also if you are interested.

Yay, you want to fill up my db with posts. Joys. Use a text file. -.-

It all seems abit basic to be honest. Whers the smilies, bbc, colour change. How easy is it to change it from that horrible black thats there. Its all secure yeh? Why do i get kicked after 10 minutes. Also, you probabbly shouldnt have left prefs there. And you shouldnt have made one account an admin -.-

In my opinion, its not worth $80, not even $8. But thats your choice. Good luck with sales.

BladeMaker, I must say your price is way too much for the sort of market you are grasping. Yes it might of taken you a long time, but you have to see where you are placing the mod. Some of the very complex ones only go for 75$ MAX yours is not that complex to say. It could go for 20$ but then again you don't have much to do on it, it doesn't show any smiley faces or any bbcodes. It's well simple to say

As many users have already said this mod is simply not worth $80.. I'd of put this on the market for no where more then $30. There is a few reasons why. Firstly you've not really paid a massive amount of attention to the look of the system, It's just some basic div's with black backgrounds and a yellow border, certainly doesn't fit in with the Mccodes default theme let alone many other games. Also you didn't seem to care for much for the "submit" button and couldn't even take the time to make it look slightly more presentable with a captial S. Seriously in this game every single little detail counts. From the code formatting all the way through to the final look.

Also why do the users have to manually log out of the chat? Surely this should be done as soon as they leave the page? Also the system says there are 5 users currently in the chat... Yet it seems none of them reply? I think people haven't been pressing the logout button thus meaning they've stayed logged into the chat. I'd call that a bug ;)

Overall it's a nice modification but there are many area's it could be improved in. I'd say bump the price down to at least $20 if you hope to a few sales.

Yes I noticed that bug but the one on my localhost is the fixed one so it will logout when you buy it.

You can't just say it will work? Most... well nearly all localhost set-ups differ immensely from server environments.

Okay I will add smilies, fix the logout, and customize the chat theme and add anything else you would like for no extra price.

I doubt that'll make the mod more attractive. The price is still to high, but it's your own choice I guess.

1) slow it is slow... but not only due to the hosting... your chat doesn't make it feel rea-time.

2) The look has been discussed, it is currently ugly, also why so much space between lines?

3) BB code? That's anyhow not something I would want in a chat normally

4) If you leave the page you don't get updates, it should be linked to an iframe which gets updates all the time in my opinion or via other tricks

5) Using mysql is ok, but only if you use memory tables.

What is required today for a chat:

- Smilies

- URL translated to links

- Real-time feedback (press enter and you don't wait even 100ms to get the line displayed, even if the others may wait a couple of sec for the update)

- Chat from any page of the site (while playing)

- Actions (/me is doing something)

- Channels maybe?

- Whispers (private chat between 2 players)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...