MakeWebGames

Old posts

Jordan Palmer

Hey all :)

I hope all got what they want for Christmas and had a good day with the family.

However this concerned me in chat when people was talking about why people are bringing back old posts, So at first I kept quiet and thought it wouldn't really effect anyone however now people are starting to question it in posts, I wont use any example as actually this is more of a general notice.

What you all seem to be forgetting is new users == new posts, so when a new user signs to the forum they will most probably do what we was doing along time ago ie good mod ect.

I ask that you don't question this, This is quite normal, We need to breach out for new users and intimidating them by asking them why they are posting because a mod isn't recent is plain silly and isn't doing MakeWebGames any favours.

I don't mean to moan, Just didn't want this to turn into a bigger issue.

Cheers

People, tend to come back occasionally, i speak about myself, being apart 6+ month in a row, from time to time. Also, as Jordan pointed, old topics are pushed, for the obvious reasons, new comers. It annoys me, and i bet most of the people who is around for a couple years, to see the same questions over and over again in new threads. So if a new user picks up an old thread, which in some cases as already some explanation on their doubts... i don't see the issue there!

Actually I don't mind old posts being bumped up for questions on errors etc as it's then fixed for everyone, however bumping an old post to say “Thanks for the mod” or even posting saying just “this does not work for me” does annoy me a lot. New to makewebgames or not I believe everyone knows that if it's old there is no need to bump it, as is the rule on any forums site I go on. I have a similar view about posting “This does not work can anyone fix it.” I would assume us needing to know what's wrong, and see the part of the code that is giving the error is common sense. It's more about why the posts are being bumped up then it is the fact they are being bumped.

Would you like active members who try to contribute, and posts that will help new members in the future or pointless ones?

when i first joined the forums i spent a few days going through all the free mod pages....from page 1 to the end...lol..

some old posts are really useful...

So the issue is about "bumping" old topics ?

lol....

bumping an old topic/mod could bring interest back to the mod...but there are you do get your pointless bumps as Dominion said...lol

I personally have no issue at all with old posts being bumped... :thumbsup: