MakeWebGames

Free Facebook engine! - [DL LINK]

Dayo

[align=center] Free Facebook game script V1.0.0[/align]

The past few months i have been working on a small facebook game and due to loss of time i have decided to give it away FREE! Version 1.0.0 has the bare minimum (ie just the framework) plus a few features added. It comes with a free template by George Liu that was converted to HTML then intergrated into the facebook game.

If you have any questions just Post below and i will do my best to awnser!

How To Install

1 ) Go to http://www.facebook.com/developers/

2 ) Allow them to have premision then click on set up application

3 ) verify your account (via creditcard or SMS)

4 ) Visit here http://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/canvas/ (added the fb guide as its always changing :P)

5 ) Upload the contents of the UPLOAD directory to the canvas URL (via FTP)

6 ) Run the SQL

7 ) Edit settings.php with your details

8 ) You should be done

TO DO LIST

post below what needs to be done and ill edit this with what needs to be done (not got time to do it atm :P)

UPDATES

[fieldset=''][legend]Update 1.0.0[/legend]

- Core framework and a few features added!

- Limited forum support provided!

[align=right]DOWNLOAD[/align][/fieldset]

[align=center]If you make any modifications/features please share them and they may get into the next update (if you want them to)[/align]

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Note to anyone using this:

If you can not program to a decent level, leave this well alone.

That comment is nothing to do with the code, but safety of user's information. Think about it, facebook holds alot of information which the API (I believe) gives access to a lot of it, so if you have no clue, step back in consideration of all the people who could be screwed by your sloppy programming.

This isn't just a user name and password that could be lost here, this is personal information that people should not be playing with if they don't have full confidence in themselves

I would agree.

But luckily Facebook doesn't document that in a "I cun c0de" fashion like other things.

It takes a decent level of experience and knowledge to actually use the FB APIs to it's foremost extent.

Oh PS, just remembered: ALL canvas applications requires SSL since the OAuth2.0 implementation. ;)

Edited by Spudinski

SomeRandomBastard I can code to semi-professional level, I've been coding for the last few years now. I am mostly a Web Designer so HTML and CSS are my strongest languages, however I do know PHP, Javascript, mySQL and petite amouts of C++. I ask this question because I am not familiar with FBML. I know you wasn't pointing your post directly to me just putting it out there. I woul like to know more about the Facebook Developer Canvas. So a little bit more help with this subject would be greatly apriciated.

SomeRandomBastard I can code to semi-professional level, I've been coding for the last few years now. I am mostly a Web Designer so HTML and CSS are my strongest languages, however I do know PHP, Javascript, mySQL and petite amouts of C++. I ask this question because I am not familiar with FBML. I know you wasn't pointing your post directly to me just putting it out there. I woul like to know more about the Facebook Developer Canvas. So a little bit more help with this subject would be greatly apriciated.

From I read it was towards the general public of newbs.

What would you like to know about the Canvas? I've dealt with it to some extent(graph, fml, fq, etc.).

But I would suggest a new topic.

Sorry, that was a mistake, do you know anything about the API? I've made a web app, I would like to allow people to sign in using facebook, what do I need to know?

It's called "Connect". If you go to Facebook's developer section, and navigate to "Websites" it should be about halfway down the page.

It provides sufficient documentation to be ready-to-go. It's a Javascript API, which allows for a sendback from FB with a token to access the user data. But by default, it returns all basic information, except email which you will need to specify with the parameter "perms" within the Javascript function called "FB.init()" along with your key.