MakeWebGames

can this ruin the code?

dibuk

Ok. I just thought of this question, so don't think that its happening to me now.

But hopefully yes..LOL

Anyway, ok.

For example, I'm using lite version, and modify it, maybe to look like v1 or v2 or maybe better. (doesn't matter anyway)

And suddenly, it became successful. Like for example im gaining members rapidly, earning extra incomes, whatsoever.

And now, because that happened, I decided to buy the mccode version 2.0.2.

and try to use it to my successfully game or maybe update my lite to v2.

My question is, is this possible?

Does changing lite to v2 can ruin the game-made in lite?

Can this also ruin the modified codes i made in lite, if i have to do making lite to v2?

Or should I just stick with lite if it became successful anyway?

This may be a stupid question for those coders out there, but i'm new, don't blame me. I'm just trying to learn. LOL

So just try to be kind and just help out with your answers if you can please. :) I will appreciate it.

Well, there are those aspects of this to take into consideration: database and files.

The database structure is much the same for lite and V2, but with the addition of some new tables and columns in some tables.

You might want to keep your current database and edit it to fit a V2 structure.

Then there is the file aspect, there will definitely e changes in the files, and it might overwrite some of your modifications.

You could also edit each file independently.

What I personally would suggest, is look at what you want from V2 and implement it into lite. This will require some time, but we all on this forum are able to help you if you run into a problem.

IMHO if your game is running lite and is successful DONT even bother buying a v2 licence ... what is the point the only fetatures would gain are a few more exploitable holes, invest that $100 back into the game on a big modification or loads of little ones eg if you dont have features like the gang get some one to code you one or there are a few free mods out there that you can convert!

the main big thing v2 has over v1/lite is the staff side of the game (well in my opinion) and it's not worth $100. if you have a game up and running anyway. if you want gangs or anything like it buy v1 and use them, however you should know you're going to end up with a game like all the rest doing it this way. if you spend $100+ on mods unique to your site make sure there mods worth the money, and you're not spending money on a clone of whats already on 100s of sites