MakeWebGames

Block MySQL Query's

Hello.

Is there suck a thing that you could add to you script that you could block certain MySQL querys from other parts of your script?

I know this sound stupid, but its linking to Players disappearing? Here's why!. ANd I cant seem to find where in my script this is.

Probally sounds stupid, but just delete this thread if there is no suck thing ;(

nonnono

Im saying, my game has about 1 million files, and I dont have the patience to look through everyone of them for delete user querys.

i want to put some sort of php script that will block any of the specified MySQl querys from running.

A bit strange, yea i know XD

well i usuly never delete any data unless i have to ... i do this by adding a field in the table called deleted and in the query i add AND `deleted`=0 and if you want it not visable you udate it to 1.

you have to weigh the pros and cons do you want your userbase deleted or a few more rows in your tables

I'm not going to lie, yes it could be done - to write an piece of code that will prevent certain mysql queries(using an pattern based search).

I would rather just suggest setting the correct permissions for your mysql user and the database it is connecting to. Other than that, just make sure your own queries you pass to the database is solid and not able to flex via some sort of script malfunction(aka. a bug or loophole).