MakeWebGames

W3Theory Hosting

Equinox

Ironically I'm not.. I've experianced I'd say around 20 different hosts in my time.. Initially just for one website then moved onto resellers and so on. I always found with all the hosts I went with their server's couldn't actually handle the amount of clients they were shoving onto them.

Ok bud, well - I appreciate you asking questions, help me catch up on what I missed in the first post.

well from what i have seen of your site and what i know about both of you the positives will outweigh the negatives. i do i have a few small things left about the 15%, does it include ANYTHING you or Equinox do or just some things? for example i would see Equinox's programming being a big asset to anyone starting out even more so at 15% off and with what i know of your template design a whole game could be set up using just your services (something just for mwg giving you something to stand out) then i am sure you could hold them to a year on your host etc.

p.s. - i have seen http://www.w3theory.com/webcreation but i mean aimed at set game engines if you're here take advantage of the mccodes market ;)

Dominion:

To answer your question, EVERYTHING is included in the 15% that is why our prices are only a slight higher. They aren't that much different now compared to any other site out there. Though through high customer satisfaction and great deals on services, we hope to build a big market of loyalty customers. Thanks fore the compliments

W3 Theory

I have one concern I hope you're not only advertising here as (I've not experienced this first hand) this place is most likely not the best place for potential clients, most of us have our own hosting providers/servers.

Well, for the first few days of release, we aren't really advertising a lot and for good reason; we have tested the site ourselves but only to a certain extent, there is only so much we can do. I've put my knowledge to good use and I'm confident the site is ready for release, but by just getting a few clients here and there giving feedback and such, we can really fix up the whole site before advertising a lot and getting a lot of traffic.

:)

I have one concern I hope you're not only advertising here as (I've not experienced this first hand) this place is most likely not the best place for potential clients, most of us have our own hosting providers/servers.

Well, for the first few days of release, we aren't really advertising a lot and for good reason; we have tested the site ourselves but only to a certain extent, there is only so much we can do. I've put my knowledge to good use and I'm confident the site is ready for release, but by just getting a few clients here and there giving feedback and such, we can really fix up the whole site before advertising a lot and getting a lot of traffic.

:)

This I understand, I was just hoping you weren't just sticking with advertising it here only (pointless I know but you never know) :)

Nice site - how ever you have not got your html / css correct.

I put a big arrow just encase you didn't know what im referring to:

http://i53.tinypic.com/xdq2o.png

Thanks

Just to point out, that a 100% correct HTML markup isn't needed.. But people like it, I mean look at Google try there page.. I know for a fact it's not clean of errors and warnings. ;)

Nice site - how ever you have not got your html / css correct.

I put a big arrow just encase you didn't know what im referring to:

http://i53.tinypic.com/xdq2o.png

Thanks

Just to point out, that a 100% correct HTML markup isn't needed.. But people like it, I mean look at Google try there page.. I know for a fact it's not clean of errors and warnings. ;)

Its only a matter of time before things get depreciated in HTML browsers so neglecting things is a bad idea.

Because of the loose syntax of HTML4 and of course now HTML5, browsers have to and will most likely continue to be forgiving of poor syntax/depreciated tags.

So maybe you're right in 20-30 years if people are still using a HTML version, browser will be less forgiving therefore forcing you to write correct code, but until then you're more than welcome to use HTML tags (that are depreciated in XHTML) with a XHTML doctype as the browser doesn't care it's only the validator that does.

However this is extremely off topic.. So if you wish to reply take it here : HTML Validation or not?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't posted in a while to keep everyone updated, but W3Theory is still going.

We tried one way of advertising and it was effective in ways, but not what we hoped, so now we're going to try another method. We are still injecting lots of money and time into this site and everything is being closely monitored.

We seem to be attracting a lot of clients though for hosting and web dev/ design, so we're very pleased about this.

I apologise to some of the people that wanted design work and we agreed, yet it was a little delayed because our designer got a corrupt hard drive and had to have it repaired, but he's been working very hard to get all the work finished!

Cheers

• 3 months later...