MakeWebGames

Gang Requirements

peterisgb

this is only a little mod, but as i aint that good its ok i suppose, but some1 might like it and use it,

this allows the gang owner to set level requirements for users wishing to join the gang see on the view gang page before they join to save them putting it in descriptions ?

ok open creategang.php and find

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

and replace with

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

the save and close, then open yourgang.php and find

and below add

and the link of course below "Change Gang Requirements.

" then look for

below that add

then save that file,

then open gangs.php and look for

below that add

then save that file then import this into your phpmyadmin

Edited by peterisgb
Fixed Broken Code and Cleaned it up.

Nice little update here.

No offence not alot of the code has been changed or improved, but nice update. Also a ` needs to be removed on the SQL.

the ' has been removed, and yh ino its a basic mod but there some people that aint that good, and/or havent though of it but as i am learning i though i woud put some of the work i am doing as i go along

• 2 months later...
ALTER TABLE `gangs` ADD `gangREQ` text NOT NULL,
ok please do not get mad at me about this im still learning but i THINK this may be correct...

it wouldnt let me use ALTER TABLE `gangs` ADD `gangREQ` text NOT NULL, so what i did was go in create it manually...

it was my first time doing it but yeah thats the only difference i seen i dont know if that was the reason or not

Cool mod bro keep it up

Thanks

Shad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

My version. *Tweaked*

most of the stuff is the same, but replace the yourgang.php function with this.

Then find function gang_applysubmit

remove the $gangdata from globals. As the global version doesn't apply here anyways. -.-

Second find

in that function

and replace just that part with:

You also need to place a

at the last line of that function.

My stats are called strength, agility, defense, and reflex. If you use different names such as labour and guard, etc you will need to modify the code to match your labels.

Fully tested and working. Not secured though. No clue what should be done to secure things lol. But there's the code for ya :P

Edited by boionfire81

• 1 month later...

Suggestion, add gang requirements to their own table (easier to expand in the long run)

NOTE: This code has not been tested

Please add any bugs here and I'll repair

Edit yourgang.php

Find:

Replace with:

Add to second switch() statement (the $_GET['act2'] switch):

Add a link in the gang staff management panel: yourgang.php?action=staff&act2=reqs

Find (end of file):

Add above:

Edit gangs.php

Find:

Add below:

Find:

Replace with:

Find:

Replace with:

Find (in gang_view()):

Replace with:

Find (in gang_view()):

Replace with:

Find:

Replace with:

Edit staff_items.php

Find (in new_item_form()):

Add below:

Find (in new_item_submit()):

Add below:

Find (in new_item_submit()):

Replace with:

Find (in edit_item_form()):

Add below:

Find (in edit_item_sub()):

Add below:

Find (in edit_item_sub()):

Replace with:

Edited by Magictallguy
Updated code
  • Like 1