MakeWebGames

Photoshop and Me

srachit

Hey guys recently I have been playing around with photoshop a lot and made quiet some things, I think I am getting better :)

I am going to use this thread to share all my creations, everyone is welcome to give constructive critism.

None of the following templates are for sale as yet, although if you like any and its not already released for free then feel free to make an offer (pm's only) :)

My very first template:

photo-334-b7e4782f.png

Its a halloween based template :)

Its going to be released for free.

Link: coming soon

My military based template:

photo-336-de70e4ff.png

Everything in this template is made by me, even the background and the two dog tags, the left dog tag I used a tutorial, the right on my own.

Its going to be released for free

Link: Coming soon

My Gangster based template:

?action=view&current=mafia.png

Everything in this template is made by me including the paper's.

This is not going to be released for free.

Old Map:

?action=view&current=map2.png

The map's made by me, no brushes nothing :) !! I am quiet proud of myself with this one.

This is not being released for free.

Old Torn Map:

?action=view&current=map2_torn.png

I decided its time to finally learn the pen tool, I got it out and started cutting up with image.

This is not being released for free.

My medieval style template:

?action=view&current=medieval2-1.png

I just love the paper style effect, so I tried it with a old diary :)

This is not going to be released for free

Waiting for everyone's constructive critisim :)

I really like the pen tool, I think I finally got the hang of it, I am going to work on UI designs next :)

Rachit

aha kk thanks mate :)

Any tips? Someone told me I should use soft fonts, no idea what they are :(

Well you need to use fonts related to the template your making, So for instance if you making a Army Grunge template and you then go and wack some Web 2.0 fancy looking font on it.. It's gonna look bad? You're gonna want something kinda grungeyy and army style. Just think how the title on the template should look! Imagine the font in your head :) Then go hunting!

Wow very nice on your last 2. Id personally focus on your last one; http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii80/srachit/?action=view&current=medieval2-1.png

if i were you.

Firstly, as Dave was pointing out about your text - i see it's an olden day warrior template - so go with a font that looks old but royal (as it has my lord ect in the content), some font that high letters, curles and a range of line thickness - this, i think, would brig out a better note to your template. Your font should be consistent throughout your template (this shows professionlim, consitent house style and will help identify your game)

Also, after you have successfully accomplished that, i would focus on your input box's, after all thats what all you users will be using - guarnteed.

Now back to the design side of things - i wouldnt beas harsh on your drop shadowing - try and turn down your drop shadow opacity and prehaps try lighter colours than black but still chose colours that hold a decency of black - after all it is a shadow. When you are doing your drop shadowing - think about the design if it was in the real life and you were the bird above it - make sure it has a good drop angle and the dark it is the more the object is "floating" above the layer below it - if you catch my drift.

Thanks - and i hope you take in account not just my feedback, but everone else's, this template has a lot of potiential! Keeep with it,

Spydre452