MakeWebGames

Multiplayer Tic-Tac-Toe

seanybob

5 seconds is what we decided was optimal. Playing with 2 players, when each player usually takes about 10-15 seconds per move, an extra 1-5 seconds of lag won't be noticed. We could have put 5 times the strain on the server and lowered it to 1 second always, or put twice as much strain on the server and made it 2.5 seconds max, but 5 seconds seemed just fine to us.

If you have a high-end server and no bandwith concerns, feel free to up it to 3 seconds per refresh. I wouldn't recommend 1 (the benefit vs. cost isn't worth it there).

I have set it to 0 seconds as I'm on localhost but my hosting has unlimited bandwidth so it will be 2 seconds. I have decided I will be purchasing some of your mods. xD Just been playing about with TTT and made it look a little better. (No offence but the images you bit were crap)

Also here is a better screenie if you want to use it.

8zim1u.gif

hello this is a nice feature and i plan on purchasing the bundle pack soon :)...

but i am having an issue...

A player starts a table..someone joins...then leaves in middle of game...next person joins the table and resumes the game from the first 2 guys....

anyone else have this issue ?...

ill attempt and try to see if i can fix it myself...lol

Thanks

hello this is a nice feature and i plan on purchasing the bundle pack soon :)...

but i am having an issue...

A player starts a table..someone joins...then leaves in middle of game...next person joins the table and resumes the game from the first 2 guys....

anyone else have this issue ?...

ill attempt and try to see if i can fix it myself...lol

Thanks

Interesting error - We managed to duplicate it. It existed when someone left and a new person joined within the <5 second period before the player who stayed's page refreshed and checked to see if a person left.

An update will be pushed out shortly.

Oh crap, More converting. :P

You should make a ajax snakes and ladders game. xD

Would you be able to make an ajax monopoly game?

Currently, we are mostly focusing on two-player games. Monopoly/Snakes & Ladders is usually about 4 players...

The main issue with doing those games is that they add a whole new level of complexity to the code. To do them properly would take a month, instead of just a couple days like the other 2 player games. Because of this, it wouldn't make sense - since the McCode community is used to buying cheap mods, I sincerely doubt whether I could sell Monopoly or Snakes/Ladders for more than 30 bucks, and it would suck up a month of my time. If ten people bought it, that would be $300, for ~30 days worth of work, several hours a day... which would equate to way less than minimum wage.

Mod Updated!

For those of you who have it installed, re-download it from the first post. Ignore the instructions - all you need to do to update your version on your servers is to re-upload all the files (no sql changes were made).

All the bug fixes sent to us via PM/this thread have been fixed. (If we overlooked one, feel free to point it out to us!)

Some of these fixes applied for the other games as well, so those of you who have purchased the games will receive an email to your inbox shortly with the patch files.

Thanks all ;)

Hey Paddy,

A lot of the code was revamped, including the entire draw_board function.

I unfortunately didn't keep a list of the things changed, so it's not possible to run through and tell you what lines are changed. I think the only files we didn't make alterations to were ttt_config, sb_chat, and sb_header.

One of these programs may help you though:

http://www.thefreecountry.com/programming/filecomparison.shtml

Again, sorry - in hindsight I should have documented the changes.

-Seanybob

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little update on this multiplayer system.

We're doing a special deal for the next 10 days where if you buy the seven game package, you will get a new bonus game thrown in for free. The bonus game is Stratego, a classic ctf-war game.

Read more about the deal at the link below:

[mp]227[/mp]

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...