MakeWebGames

Limited Beta Starting - Street Syndicate

ddgamedesign

Yes finally. :D

I'm opening the game for a very limited beta test for a week or so, to have a few people kick the tires and let me know what they think. The game itself took around 2 1/2 months, 9 dedicated artists doing stuff in their spare time, $800 budget (not much for a game like this actually) and more hours debugging endless little PHP errors than I can count (does the } symbol go here or there?). Without the amazing help of several people here, it wouldn't have happened (they know who they are). But I think the end result is pretty decent, I think.

The game pits you as a small-time street punk, with $1,000 and a dream of taking over the streets. There are over 240 items, dozens of features (and more to be added) and what I think is a solid, well-balanced game with lots of little surprises.

Beta is by invitation only, and i'll select people from the pool that email me at: [email protected]

I welcome all; experienced MCC game players/coders, newbies, and everyone in between. Around 10-20 players will take part in the beta, and will be expected to let me know what they think, and play the game actively for a few days or so at least. Bugs, balance issues, security issues, feature suggestions, etc can all be freely reported, and odds are characters will cleared at the end of the beta. Features/costs, etc will change during the beta, so be aware of that.

Thanks!

Yeah, login could do with some work. In-game layout is very good though, simple and blends in nicely :) Maybe on the login, put the forms in the middle and add some more stuff so it's not so empty. Maybe use another effect other than Bevel & Emboss for the text.

• 2 weeks later...

agreed, i have/do use clan templates for some projects but i always leave the credits in

btw i tryed to register the capch failed 4 times when i clearly typed what was there case for case plus the html breaks, probley where your die()'ing or exit'ing the script

That should keep the owners appeased :)

What I plan on doing, as I'm using one of their templates as well

Is putting a Thank you to "yadda yadda at Clan Templates" at like the bottom of my login or register

Or maybe even have an affiliates page