MakeWebGames

Get Your Game On .... Facebook

Dayo

Facebook ... just looking throgh the forums i see there are alot of people making facebook apps. I am willing to get your game working within facebook NOT using the facebook iFrame (cringes just thinking about it) but with the FBML

INCLUDING LOGIN/REGISTER/ACCOUNT SHARING(so you can have an account on your web version and then the same account on your facebook)

Please note you may have to redesign your header.php to a 760px fixed width (or 640px (i think))

i only have one game in my portfolio on facebook (The Mercenary) it is currently underconstruction and due to release about the 20th

Prices depend on the size of the game and the amount of recoding prices start from $50 ... price is nagotiable i think it is fair plus you get a far greater market.

please not i will only do this for a few games as i dont want facebook with thousands of mccodes games on ^^

also i dont secure your files i alter them to work with facebook

to order E-Mail me at [email protected]

if i see an iFram on any site what ever it is i just turn around and go the constant scroling up/down left/right would anoy a user and then eventuly it will get so bad they will leave therefore losing you players NOT gaining players ... the complete oposite to what you want

So design your site so it fits :)

There is some javascript code that you can use to stop the scrolling behaviour, and automatically have the iframe resize to the content size, making it look and behave exactly like an FBML app. (It's on the fb dev wiki if you want to read more about it)

zeggy that is for the quick simpleoption if you go into it and fully intergrate it like the notifications etc... you will get alot more users
You can add 99% of those notifications, status and inbox features to an iFrame app aswell...

Personally I think using the Frame option is fine aswell? There is no scrolling issues if you create the iFrame'd app correctly.

well what i do is i encrypt the files completly with a small function hidden it. it basiclys check if he has paid if not it dont work once paid they get the decripted version

Interesting method - if you're not completely satisfied with that, I'd be happy to tell you how I do it (they only ever see encrypted code on one page, but it's pure php and doesn't require a decoder).

Interesting service as well. I've only coded one thing on facebook, and that was my flash arcade with high score systems. It worked well - but I could only do it with the iframe. The fbml junk started my head rolling, and I didn't want to recode everything. I was wondering when someone would convert mccodes to work on facebook...

*thumbs up*

all you would of had to do for the arcade is look up <fb:swf

Without the high score system, correct. But for the high score system to work, there was some complicated php code involved, that had to be located on a specific page / relative url.

Meh. Maybe it would have worked with the high score system. Don't wanna think about it right now.

I do want to say though, for all you new mccode owners starting games, definitely consider facebook. It's a heck of a lot easier to go viral, you can set up EASY free advertising (by posting actions on a user's wall, etc), and you'll have access to a new group of people than the several thousand that hop from mccode game to mccode game.