MakeWebGames

Multiplayer Texas Hold 'Em (old)

seanybob

So I finally coded it. Over the past year or so, I've gotten about a dozen emails asking when I would finish this mod (as I started it a long time ago). Recently, having gotten into ajax, I decided to pick it up again. So I did, and now it's finished. It is coded COMPLETELY from scratch, from the ground up.

I'M NOT RELEASING IT YET!

I'll be releasing it in about a week. First though, I want to get a little more beta testing in on it trying to find bugs. There's also little tidbits I want to make 'more pretty', as I pretty much slew stuff together so I can test the game part of it. Also, I'd like to get better graphics.

That's why I'm posting. I suck at graphics. The graphics for the game are currently horrible.

So I thought I'd hold a little mini-competition right before I release it to get better graphics for it.

Anybody who wants to, can make their own version of graphics for this mod. The best 3 will get a '50% off mod price' coupon for this mod, if they choose to buy it.

You can see a demo of the mod here:

http://seanybob.net/mccodesv2

Here is the package of images that you can alter/create as you wish:

http://seanybob.net/mccodesv2/images/images.zip

I'd like for the images to stay about the same size, and preferably the same format.

Also, just a heads up: This mod will have one file obfuscated, to ensure that as few illegal versions of this mod as possible will be distributed. The mod consists of 6-7 files total, and the file in question will consist solely of functions that should not be changed (but are vital to the game) such as dealing out cards, determining who has the best hand, etc. So you'll still be able to customize the code for the mod in any way you want, save for those basic game functions.

That's all for now, you'll hear more about this soon.

-Seanybob

Good job on those images. The table is nearly perfect - not sure what those little circles are on each player location. Cup holders? Chips? Maybe replace them with a stack of chips or something, or just take them off completely.

The chairs look great. One thing though - for both the table, chairs, and all images, can you make the backgrounds transparent? Instead of white, black, or whatever.

Good idea for the different silhouettes. Those are fine once you resize them.

Also a note to others - even if I use McFarlin's images, that doesn't mean you still can't get the deal. Ideally, I'd like to get 3-5 templates of images set up, so people who purchase the mod can choose which one they want to use.

Regarding the mod price:

It will be $150 for a single license, straight up.

It will be $75 for a single license if you contribute something to the mod.

Contributions include:

-Image sets

-Texas Hold 'em tutorial

-Strategy guide

-A significant idea for improvement to the mod that is added (awarding of this is based upon my sole discretion)

-Other (this isn't a conclusive list, if you have an idea that would fall in this category just pm/post it)

All contributions that are made become property of the mod owner, and will be distributed to everyone who purchases the mod. Meaning - if you contribute images to the mod, you get the 50% off price. You don't get 50% of sales, or 10% of sales, or a $200 bonus, yada, yada. They are no longer yours, so you can't suddenly decide to sue me a few weeks down the road or whatever (just wanted to put that disclaimer in here somewhere).

The mod price is fairly steep, but affordable. It will come with support, and constant updates. I'll be using this code for my senior project in college, so I'll be continuously adding new things/tweaking it. All updates will be free. If you have a smaller game, and can't afford the straight up price, just contribute something to the mod and you get it for the cheaper price. $75 is the cost for McCodes v1, and thus shouldn't be too far out of your budget for a mod this big.

Any more questions, comments?

I'll be releasing this mod to the general public on Monday.

Right now I'm just adding some 'cleaner-uppers' to the mod that delete empty tables, remove people from tables who go afk for more than 3 rounds, etc.