MakeWebGames

[SHOWCASE] Avalon

mj12

Re: [sHOWCASE] Avalon

i've tried it a couple days ago... and well, i got surprised with the simplicity of it, yet the big potential it has, mainly when you look at the ground engine... mcc! a very qood work! :)

sorry to disappoint but i didnt know about mcc until i was already in beta.

First off the login it makes me want to play the game and register then when i login there a freindly message welcoming me etc as there arent any stats i cant comment on them. the overall feel of the game is nice and the game has alot of potential if you know what your doing personally i will not be playing this game as its not my type of game but i would recommend it to others that like this sort of thing. overall i would rate the game 9/10

Broke the 100 players mark :)

Well done!

But 100 players is nothing if you want to be succesful, Your gonna need to put a large sum of money into advertising before you start seeing any income coming back into your pocket. I've found that AYG (http://advertiseyourgame.com/) seem to be the cheapest and get you the most signup's per a click. But pay a bit more and get a professional to make you a banner (Unless you are a graphics designer yourself) because you dont want to be spending a few hundred bucks on a banner which looks like nothing.

Also im loving the concept of the game :) Something not mccode like, Its been modified from Mccodes im guessing to something which i think is great! So nice job +1

• 1 month later...

Just an update on the game:

Avalon has gotten above 2500 registrations so far, thanks for all the support. Most if not all bugs have been taken care of and work is being done on some new features, some not so unique and some unheard of in a browser game before.

Thanks again everyone.

• 2 months later...

If I get it right :

Worldofavalon launched june 20th 2009 & grabbing players up to 2500 registrations on october 12th (about 4 months), it would be awesome to know the sources of those registrations and the amount coming from paid spots plus the overall evolution of real active players through that period :)

I'll try to post such information here for CitySlaves game in a few weeks/months even if it won't work : That's the kind of info which could really help everyone here in my opinion. :thumbup:

Just an update on the game:

Avalon has gotten above 2500 registrations so far, thanks for all the support. Most if not all bugs have been taken care of and work is being done on some new features, some not so unique and some unheard of in a browser game before.

Thanks again everyone.

if this game has been open for only 4 months ..you've done a great job advertising

if this game has been open for only 4 months ..you've done a great job advertising

That's the question, 2500 registrations in 4 months with no advertising cash would be awesome but if it's just the result of a $1000 campaign waved on 4 months it's not the same :)

Well thats an old number, there have been about 4500 registrations. I have spent roughly $80-$100 on advertising. The traffic comes from voting sites surprisingly, as a game owner you need to check the sites that will give your game the best exposure and reward your members for voting.

• Find a site that accepts articles and write a very good one that generates excitement for your game. One article i wrote got in excess of 1200 views and it referred literally hundreds of players.
  • Post your game on forums to people who havent tried browser games yet as these are most likely to stay.
  • Make your game as interesting and as unique as possible.

And thats basically it.