MakeWebGames

Mod Ideas

mdshare

It seems that mod writers lack inspiration, so lets make a topic with ideas of possible mods.

If you make a mod from a idea please credit the person and his website that posted the idea.

Here is a 1st

Item Sale History

Concept:

Player clicks the item info page > info page contains a extra div/table

Tab1: Showing a chart of the recent sales of a certain item over a period of x days

Tab2: Showing the recent sell/buy transactions of that item

saleshist.png

Players would get additional info, note that not all players are pve/pvp players some distance themself as traders and this would be a very usefull addon for them.

Helpfull links:

PHP/SWF Charts is a simple, yet powerful PHP tool to create attractive web charts and graphs from dynamic data.

Use PHP scripts to generate or gather the data from databases, then pass it to this tool to generate Flash (swf) charts and graphs. Any other scripting language (ASP, CFML, Perl, etc.) can be used with XML/SWF Charts (the XML version of the same tool.)

PHP/SWF Charts makes the best of both the PHP and SWF worlds. PHP scripts provide integration, and Flash provides the best graphic quality.

http://www.maani.us/charts4/

pChart is a PHP class oriented framework designed to create aliased charts. Most of todays chart libraries have a cost, our project is intended to be free. Data can be retrieved from SQL queries, CSV files, or manually provided.

http://pchart.sourceforge.net/index.php

Re: Mod Ideas

Mod ideas about time :P ok here is my idea... although i am a complete noob so i could not code this from scratch as when it comes to event_add functions im like god damit and then i kick my computer... anyways i wanted to recode the send files in mccodes like sendcash.php ect... My idea was that you can send a message with the cash like torncity please comment and maybe post :P

Mod ideas about time :P ok here is my idea... although i am a complete noob so i could not code this from scratch as when it comes to event_add functions im like god damit and then i kick my computer... anyways i wanted to recode the send files in mccodes like sendcash.php ect... My idea was that you can send a message with the cash like torncity please comment and maybe make it and post it i tried to code it but failed -.-'

Guest Anonymous

Why should I give a hoot? I've no interest in what is after all just a basic different method of presenting existing data. Having seen and dealt with a number of these so called ideas, I have better things to do with my time.

no-one on heres good enough for anything so...

if we were "good" would we not be busy rather than posting?

I never said anyone was good or bad.

I just think its bad when people sit around here and toot their own horns, so to speak.

Everyone has their own flaws, I don't think I could pinpoint anyone here that I think is better than anyone else.

Just sick of certain game owners thinking they are above and beyond.

no-one on heres good enough for anything so...

if we were "good" would we not be busy rather than posting?

I never said anyone was good or bad.

I just think its bad when people sit around here and toot their own horns, so to speak.

Everyone has their own flaws, I don't think I could pinpoint anyone here that I think is better than anyone else.

Just sick of certain game owners thinking they are above and beyond.

At least I contribute actual mods to this site...toot your own horn...

btw that mod was posted in free mods that night and it works...

Ok here is a second mod idea

Concept:

* players can add to their settings a XMPP powered account (e-mail)

* player can select what types of messages he/she wants to receive through XMPP

* announcements

* clan messages

* personal messages

* events

* admin section would need a jabber/XMPP config eg server/username/pw

What's the point of this mod ?

keeping players active is the key in your game, by sending them through xmpp a notification you always keep them informed what is happening on your game or on their player account.

Usefull links for this mod idea

http://code.google.com/p/xmpphp/

http://xmpp.org/

Instant Messengers compatible with XMPP

Google Talk, Google Talk Gadget, Adium, Pidgin, iChat, Kopete, Miranda, Psi, Trillian Pro