MakeWebGames

FACEBOOK GAME DEVELOPMENT

Snatchy

hey all,

I'm looking at making an application for facebook, I was wondering if anyone else was interested in making like a communal script for the CE community.

V2 to facebook conversion perhaps??

Just thought I would put it out there and see iwhat sort of feedback i would get.

Cheers

Snatchy

Re: FACEBOOK GAME DEVELOPMENT

wicked, i just read the facebook's Platform Application Guidelines for all developers and it states:

Applications may not promote, or contain content (including any advertising content) referencing, facilitating, promoting or using, the following:

4. Sale of liquor, beer, wine, tobacco products, ammunition and/or firearms;

now i am not 100% on this and may be wrong, but i haven't read anywhere in which users could not donate to receive extra benefits to the app.

so what i was saying in my previous post is this. if you can offer a service through facebook apps, then your marketing is going to be much easier and cheaper than trying to attract users to your domain. better yet, offer a link from your app to your web site which allows full access and functionality while still being able to sell. it's using facebook as a marketing tool in which i find a lot of value.

Applications may not promote, or contain content (including any advertising content) referencing, facilitating, promoting or using, the following:

4. Sale of liquor, beer, wine, tobacco products, ammunition and/or firearms;

that's blown out of the water by mob wars and all those other sorts of games.

I have developed a small application (clock) in Facebook not long ago, but it's pretty complex to use - since over the past year they've put limits on many things so you would struggle to get an application 100% perfect like MCcodes.

What people are now tending to do, is, just make a partial part of the game and then offer them a full flexible version through your website. It gets popular and drives easy traffic to your website, and it won't cost a lot of time or money to develop through Facebook.

Best option = Make one from scratch if you want to do it through facebook

And no, PayPal does allow it as long as it's legal. It's gonna be some complicated stuff though.

• 1 year later...

Facebook game maker

Are you all taking about a MMO Facebook App i belive its called i think i have something in the lines of how to get you game on Facebooks Apps or use the tools of Facebook to start your own App on Facebook

I would like to get it going i had got on Facebook App but got stuck looks like it is something good to get into

I have developed a small application (clock) in Facebook not long ago, but it's pretty complex to use - since over the past year they've put limits on many things so you would struggle to get an application 100% perfect like MCcodes.

What people are now tending to do, is, just make a partial part of the game and then offer them a full flexible version through your website. It gets popular and drives easy traffic to your website, and it won't cost a lot of time or money to develop through Facebook.

Best option = Make one from scratch if you want to do it through facebook

And no, PayPal does allow it as long as it's legal. It's gonna be some complicated stuff though.

Really? What limits? I haven't met any problems developing complete games on facebook. Or were you talking about converting an existing script into one for facebook? In which case yes, if you guys are going to make a facebook app, you WILL need to code everything over again.

Yes, you can accept donations on your facebook app, or get players to buy items, upgrades, premium, etc. Many facebook games do this. They also use other ways of making money, such as getting users to fill out surveys or complete 'offers', for which they get points that they can spend.

I've already done this with my old game Operation: Jarhead, We took the whole source code but modified the global files to make it run within Facebook (So users would always be logged on if they visited it on Facebook and so on)

This app was pretty simple to do cause it was only the "Login" system of Facebook we wanted to use but now I need to implement my new game into Facebook with those annoying status updates and notifications and so on.

I'm intergrating my game with facebook and the web version to start of it was hard but once you have the vote files working it is easy (core files ... Template, login, register, global files.)
I found that rather easy... I've got a "facebook" version of the core files somewhere... Just slap that into a game and with slight modification it will load the game up using facebook ^^. We had to make a second theme though due to the width limitations :(

i would recommend putting a textbased rpg app on facebook unless it is very different from most other text based rpg's because there are already a few on there as 2nd,3rd,etc... servers of other exceptionally large tb rpg games and all of them are pretty much the same and because of this they turn out to be not even 1/4th as popular as their main servers

basically im saying it would be a waste of time unless u plan on putting up something entirely different