MakeWebGames

Google Chrome

Danny

Guest Anonymous

Re: Google Chrome

I assume that ""its shit"" and "aload of crap" are technical terms...

Have you perchance looked at the source code, have you spent time the time analyze exactly what each module does internally, (excluding the render engine as I imagine that is beyond most people's ability to comprehend).

There are some *very* interesting advances in architecture with this browser although personally I am wary of it, simply because of the fact it has been (mostly) produced by a search engine organization.

Perhaps instead of jumping on it -- you give it a fair chance -- Let people analyze it first and push it. After all I'll bet you've not had it running for a month browsing huge numbers of complex sites and comparing it's abilities against IE/FF etc.

Perhaps instead of jumping on it -- you give it a fair chance -- Let people <censored>yze it first and push it. After all I'll bet you've not had it running for a month browsing huge numbers of complex sites and comparing it's abilities against IE/FF etc.

same could be said about you, between you and people

Guest Anonymous

IMO, It's pretty good in speed, cpu usage and so on. I won't be using it yet not until for a few months at least until they've ironed out bugs & security wholes esp when it's just been released.

All I can say

10 sites opend on IE, FF and Chrome (same pages)

IE 300k

FF 210k

Chrome 43k

after 8h, so Chrome has way better memory management than IE and FF, now don't forget that Chrome is a public Beta.

Did you check out the wealth of information using the Chrome inspector, the ability to turn of js processes per tab etc

Only issue I have encounterd is a minimal rendering issue, nothing compared to the heavy rendering issues with IE8

rendering wise FF is still the nr1

Now the question is , why does a searchengine brings a browser on the market ?

My only guess is to fetch more data from users for their ad management.

Wouldn't be to difficult for google to publish ads for the chrome user according the surf habit/browser history etc....

I think they also said they wanted to help enable web apps that are basically a lot more advanced, the debuted Gmail back whenever which pushed the limits of the browser already, so now they can set the limits themselves. Google already gets plenty of info from it's toolbar, they also said (haven't checked the source) that there is no reporting sort of feature, the only contact is the download of malware/phishing sites

The reason google made chrome can be summed up with this "MICROSOFT"

lol

google is a direct competitor of microsoft (in case anyone didn't know lol)

There's an advertising aspect in this. If people are using your browser, you're advertising your name to them and everyone they talk about the browser to. (very handy...)

One might think google doesn't need more name brand recognition, but if they sit on their laurels (like firefox did with ff3 IMHO) then you're in danger of falling to the wayside...

I hear Chrome doesn't import from Opera, which considering that opera does have a decent share of the market, they really need to hop on that (this info comes from an opera user that had to import to firefox, and then to chrome)

Overall, I like chrome. I do NOT like the IE style application menus.... ffs, can't we have them on the right hand side where they are in 99.9999999999999999999999999% of all other programs? jayzus....................

Another nitpicky thing I don't like about it, it takes too many clicks to clear your cache. You have to uncheck all the deals you don't want to clear out, like cookies, just to clear your cache. That doesn't make me happy.

The shift + F5 or control = F5 key short cut that loads a page without using the cache, is nice, however, on the next page load, you're probably back to using what's in the cache, unless the stuff you load during the "no use cache on load" overrights what's in there. (the specifics on that were not mentioned in the manual....)

It's hard enough to write css and javascript without making cache control more difficult.

It's mainly small issues with chrome. They've certainly showed that, as newcomers, they're serious about what they're doing and I think that might spark a bit of creativity in mozilla and their lackluster firefox 3 browser..... (yes ff3 is good, but it is hardly that much better than ff2)

It has only been released for like a week...

Now, in that week i used Chrome. I was first impressed by the start-up and the browsing speed of Chrome.

I was also impressed with the interface. One word for it is "Simple".

It is Memory Efficient. Which is a very good thing.

But after a week of using it, it began slowing down for me and giving me errors about how it cant load the page. I refreshed once or twice then it kicked back in to gear.

So overal i would give the browser a 7/10. With room for improvement.

I really liked it and cant wait for the next release.

Even though its made by a search engine corp. i still like it.

Just hope they know what privacy is. :-P

Google has allot of issues and complains about privacy, you simply just shouldn't expect it from a search engine like Google.

Google has some pretty nifty developers on their side, most of them with a phd, so their program would be to some of the best standards.

Google will have a way of collecting the sites you visited, and then indexing it, if you like it or not.