MakeWebGames

Blow members minds with the ULTIMATE explore page

Uridium

I was so fed up with text on the explore page i decided to go one step further..

If this dont blow your members minds then nothing will..

DEMO......

http://www.nightdreamer2000.com/tester.html

This is just an idea of what you can achieve in the game

Move your mouse over different locations to view Descriptions..

This is an Explore script idea from myself and a good friend called Tattoo...

Any feed back would be appreaciated...

(been pointed out this idea has been used before on something other than Mccodes..)

Re: Blow members minds with the ULTIMATE explore page

i would like it if it had better image

The image can be anything you want you can create your own with layout numbers or section then plot graph the URLS to various sections..

The image we used is for demonstration purposes.

i would like it if it had better image

The image can be anything you want you can create your own with layout numbers or section then plot graph the URLS to various sections..

The image we used is for demonstration purposes.

i know but cant find good one :p

i was there before you mate but nice try

I'm sorry i didnt realise this was a competative sport.....

I undestood this forum to be Free mods or therefore to help people make their games better.

Congratulations on being the founder of what youve done but done hijack my post with your nonsence make a new one like everyone else and do it the right way. :)

Guest Anonymous

Actually, the concept is far from new. I remember designing a similar construct in 1986, and that itself was based on an idea I'd seen somewhere prior to that.

Conceptually, the OPs image is basic but functional and it *does* make a nice change over the usual text based explorer screen. I will be curious to see just how far (s)he takes this.

hmmmm average i suppose...

cool put the code for it somone plz in v2 i would love to have that i would just have to change the look of it allot :-D

how hard is it to put an include at the top of the page?

Its not as simple as just putting the coding up Basically because its a plotted graph or imagemap

And will only work with a picture youve selected and plotted for links to be clicked on..

example if your plotted target was the number 20 on this clock..

mint.png

Then the cordinates would be 142,108,163,129

and your code would be

[img=mint.png]

<map id="mint" name="mint">
<area shape="rect" alt="" coords="142,108,163,129" href="somewhere.com" title="" />
<area shape="default" nohref="nohref" alt="" />
</map>

it

Its not as simple as just putting the coding up Basically because its a plotted graph or imagemap

And will only work with a picture youve selected and plotted for links to be clicked on..

all you do it copy the source and save it as a php file with the include at the top

and save the appropriate images..

it

all you do it copy the source and save it as a php file with the include at the top

Im assuming your relating to the source on the demo page which is fair for what you have quoted..

But im suggesting the steps for those that are wanting to use their own images and not the one on the demo page.

it

Way to rip code (page) stead of learning.

TJ

i also have had and made this afew years ago i thought it was for you to paste code so where is for users to copy the image and do the rest will be prob imposible just thought i would help the user who do not understand this at all

this a waste of a apost your not adding anything free mate for users and it hard to make im not saying its crap or dont look good coz it does but new learners will not understand the html side of it or not no what to do with it i think this post should be moved some where else as its offering your advice or what to not the full script and what to do with it

didn't botherd to read all replies, just topic starter

this is pure html 101, super easy to do with whatever image you have, heck there are even tools that generate the coords

on the dead CT project (2y+ ago we used image mapping already)

now I have to say, most people know only the extreme html basics which is just creating a table so nice to see someone using more available html syntax.

md