Updated Mailbox

Richard

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Re: Updated Mailbox [v1]

Displaying smilies while composing will require some pretty nifty JS. Not worth it in the long run.

Look at the editor here (the forums). you type in : ) and up comes a smiley in the recipients mailbox - simple.

No need to make things too complex. Same with replying...

Guest Anonymous

no i don't think you got what i meant what i meant is display it like this :-) = :- ) without the space between -) see what i mean or have it like on these forums where it shows the smiley and you click on it and it inserts in into your msg

So you want a list of smilies that can be inserted into the mail while composing or replying, each displayed as it is here in these forums?

redsnake420 try this:

In mailbox.php find:

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Add after:

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

That should display the smilies Just under the mail compose form :)

For some reason I am having quite a bit of trouble figuring out how to get the mail system to notify users of new mails, in the form of a number beside their mailbox. Can someone please help me with this, as its kind of annoying not knowing whne you have new mail. Thanks

Plato :-D

UPDATE!!! I FIXED THE DELETE READ AS IT WAS DELETING ALL USERS READ MESSAGES. IT WILL NOW ONLY DELETE YOUR PERSONAL READ MESSAGES.

I also forgot to add info about the link so it's posted as well now.

I added a new piece to this mod.

I find it useful and it will also save LOADS of webspace along with getting rid of unneeded in game mails.

I added a DELETE READ feature to delete messages you have already read.

Find

After it add

THEN FIND

Under it add

FIND

and under it add

I WOULD ALSO RECOMMEND CHANGING THE td width=20% to 16.6% if u want them to be centered properly. :)

For v2 just change mysql_ to $db-> and it should be good to go.

I'm not a great coder as I'm self teaching at the moment so feel free to let me know your thoughts on it.

TESTED AND WORKS!!!

Thanks Toxication for the attempt, but I found our first attempt was completely wrong. :P

DELETE READ MESSAGES ONLY!!!

Posted for V2!!! (Old one is for v1, I just converted it for any users that would like it for v2.)

OPEN MAILBOX.PHP

Find

After it add

THEN FIND

Under it add

FIND

and under it add

I WOULD ALSO RECOMMEND CHANGING THE td width=20% to 16.6% if u want them to be centered properly. :)

I'm not a great coder as I'm self teaching at the moment so feel free to let me know your thoughts on it.

TESTED V1 version and worked wonderfully.

V2 Version Untested so please let me know if it works.