MakeWebGames

Updated Mailbox

Richard

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Updated Mailbox [v1]

Well i looked into it i like the look but looking at it you are using the IDs of mails to read so say i wanna read another mail and i vie wone of mine

http://yourdomain.com/mailbox.php?action=read&ID=1 Say the first mail sent is mine to read so i should be able to read it

http://yourdomain.com/mailbox.php?action=read&ID=2 Say this was sent to another user and had nothing to do with me.I would still be able to read it.

So basically to read every mail in the game just edit the IDs and start reading.

I Cant fool with it tonight but ill try to get a fix for this tomorrow.

lol well I have a temporary fix for it, till someone else comes up with something better.

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

put that after

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

which you will find in function mail_view ()

BUT one problem, it won't let you read the messages you sent to someone else. lol but it does stop others from reading other peoples mail as far as I know. :D

Don't call me a noob or anything cause I know I am, I am just trying to help.

Guest Anonymous

Google is your friend ...

Actually I think Richard has done a good job here - Only a few points I'd raise...

• The hidden frameset surrounding the site - Okay, so I can break out of it, but I don't trust framesets like this.

• It is IMHO *very* similar to TC. It exhibits the same archaic flaws (i.e. being one page behind), and restricting itself to an apparently text-based interface.

I for one will be looking forward to what features get built on top of this platform.

i finally just gave up and put it back to original

but yes i clicked read and replied then i would leave and it would still have a 1 then i would go none there so i tried putting it back to the original and then back then it didn't even have the 1 when there was one either so i gave up

Im very sorry GrimR, Im not used to using v2 code so I can't really help... Ive updated the original post to fix the problem of reading other people mails...you can now read your outbox and inbox but not other peoples mails :)