MakeWebGames

Helloooooo

Hayden

Hello, it feels very weird to be back on a forum..

Its been a few years since I've looked into mafia/browser games but here I am.. haha!

So about me? I'm 30 years old, from Essex, England. I started playing mafia games 15+ years ago, Yikes I'm old!!

I've always had a soft spot for them, I only got into a select few though which sadly aren't around anymore ๐Ÿ˜žย 

I did make a game around 10 years ago which had an active 50 players online which was very cool!!!ย  I do still have the codes to somewhere.. but I feel like PHP/MYSQL has changed a lotย over the last few years? I have spent the last few nights signing up to a few games online and they don't have the same feel?

My one time game I played many years ago was a game called State of Crime (www.stateofcrime.net) It was owned by a couple that run a few different games (EXTREMECAST GAMES) by a guy known as codestryke

I would love to contact them and make an offer to buy it from them!

ย 

But yeah.. thats me ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

Thanks, I'm just in the process of getting them uploaded now so people can take a look ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

Although I seem to be having problems, I keep getting a HTTP 500 Error, not quite sure why though..

Ahh looks like my codes are very outdated.. Not sure how easy its going to be to update them all ๐Ÿ˜ž

On 1/24/2024 at 8:20 AM, m1ll1k3n said:

small world , i live round the corner from you , let me know if you need anthing bro

Oh mad! Where abouts are you?

ย 

On 1/24/2024 at 8:56 AM, Dayo said:

Try setting your php version to something like php 5, that may help to get them working

Think I need to set it to 5.3 which my host doesn't go that low, any hosts you know that do? Would be good to get them live again to edit for the latest PHP

ย 

On 1/23/2024 at 8:30 PM, gamble said:

What game did you own? Just curious! Nice to have someone new here! Welcome!

www.truemafia.co.uk was my latest version

6 hours ago, Hayden said:

Oh mad! Where abouts are you?

ย 

Think I need to set it to 5.3 which my host doesn't go that low, any hosts you know that do? Would be good to get them live again to edit for the latest PHP

ย 

www.truemafia.co.uk was my latest version

set it to 5.6 that should work

ย 

1 hour ago, corruptcity || skalman said:

hey, your facebook login doesn't work for me. Also maybe have a look at your css with your height once logged in and you scroll down then keep scrolling down and you just get the background. Unless that was done by design but yeah looks good from what i've seen from the quick look I gave it

ย 

Thanks for the feedback, I need to edit the Facebook side of things again for that to work, not sure if im a fan of the Facebook login tho...I guess its easier for players..

I think a few bits of the CSS file need editing, not quite sure whats changed since they was last online but I also feel a new layout is needed, what did you think?

ย 

Thanks

just had another look and on the login page where the 2 images meet in the middle there is what looks like a black line I find that distracting my attention very visually noisey, if you get what I mean.
once logged in I like your 3 column layout but maybe look at changing the heading color in each box, maybe with the city skyline background image instead of repeating it just make it stretch across all the way. also the faint white line doesn't go all the way down