MakeWebGames

Redux- Mod Support - Marriage Mod

Oracle

Hi, 

I am having trouble with 

<center><table width=90% cellspacing=1 class=table border=1 bordercolor=#636363></center><tr><td>
Proposer: [url='viewuser.php?u=".abs(intval($r[']".htmlentities($r['username'])."[/url]
</td>

I'm getting this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /srv/disk22/4182841/www/demonsandangels.royalwebhosting.net/Mods/marriage.php on line 120

is there anyone that can help me with this?  Thanks in advance 😃

The error message should be sufficient to determine that there is a misplaced ' symbol - and it does point towards the

$r[']

I suspect the url tag should be

[url='viewuser.php?u=" . $r['userid'] . "']" . htmlentities($r['username']) . "[/url]

however it would probably be wise to provide more context; i.e. a few lines above and below line 120 in order to provide a more accurate response.

just testing code breaks cos <a href  shouldnt appear as [url

<center><table width=90% cellspacing=1 class=table border=1 bordercolor=#636363></center><tr><td>
Proposer: <a href='viewuser.php?u=".abs(intval($r[']".htmlentities($r['username']).">
</td>

try this version it maybe that the [url statement was an old error from an old forum theme

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much  ) now I have 

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ']' in /srv/disk22/4182841/www/demonsandangels.royalwebhosting.net/Mods/marriage.php on line 127

ugggg, I'm trying so hard to decipher this but I just haven't gotten to that part in the php book yet. 

19 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Thank you so much  ) now I have 

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ']' in /srv/disk22/4182841/www/demonsandangels.royalwebhosting.net/Mods/marriage.php on line 127

ugggg, I'm trying so hard to decipher this but I just haven't gotten to that part in the php book yet. 

Do you have an updated screenshot of that line? This means you're missing a closing square bracket, but it's hard to give more information than that 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 6:58 PM, peterisgb said:

<center><table width=90% cellspacing=1 class=table border=1 bordercolor=#636363></center><tr><td> Proposer: <a href="viewuser.php?u={$r['userid']}">{$r['username']}</a> </td>

Proposer: <a href="viewuser.php?u={$r['userid']}">{$r['username']}</a>
</td>

Try that

tried that . got more errors. but thank you so much... i got unexpected T String in line 127