MakeWebGames

Game Release!!

URBANZ

Thought i would post up about my game that i will be releasing very soon. Its based on GL i say that losely as was stripped down and reworked. 

Some technology the site uses:

Bootstrap 4 (will update to BS5 when full release candidate)

PHP8 (Full Support)

Javascript

Centrifugo

Redis (MySQL Cache)

then mobile side for apps (will post app screen later)

Flutter

Dart 

Objective-C

Java 

main reason behind the choices is 1 app source for both just some code dedicated for each platform (payments, app center, notifications)

anyway here is some screenshots some things have been blanked as want to keep them for release as uses a new kind of game play.

Capture.thumb.PNG.c3172d7da62f151967b6907dbbd14977.PNG

Capture-mn.thumb.PNG.73e19debed1d109cd9d9885e32daa961.PNG

Capture-frm.PNG.5d008d1709395a7d7082d265c6ada5ec.PNG

Capture-vip.thumb.PNG.aaac194ecd5f9675ae8c059738a33873.PNG

Capture-mob-frm.thumb.PNG.be52a052b6392fa9a13a87b0e4c30632.PNG

mob-Capture.thumb.PNG.2b9f4a6b21a1180b9026cfde776d0e43.PNG

Edited by URBANZ
  • Like 3

That tech stack is wild. Any reason why you opted to mix so many languages? You could have opted to use something like Nuxt + Capacitor + PHP to create website and mobile apps while keeping the tech stack minimal.

Nice to see you're using PHP 8. How're you finding the newer features?

Edited by Script47

5 hours ago, Script47 said:

That tech stack is wild. Any reason why you opted to mix so many languages? You could have opted to use something like Nuxt + Capacitor + PHP to create website and mobile apps while keeping the tech stack minimal.

Nice to see you're using PHP 8. How're you finding the newer features?

haha i did go crazy on this tbf. i did look at alot of options like VUE, React etc but definitely not come across Capacitor before reminds me of cordova but just a nicer library might do some more research into this. 

For building alot of the tech stack definitely would have saved alot of time especially on the mobile side of things but also with mobile it is a hybrid app ive made as takes advantage of native features. Everything ive done in native is (Payments, Game Center, Notifictions, Auth, Chat) but uses webview for normal view of most features as the development time for fully native plus updating features would just be a massive pain. so opted for this route and gave me an excuse to use some languages i dont use as much anymore lol.

For the database originally was going for a full NoSQL DB but with the project i definitely needed to stay to a relational DB so opted to use caching with redis instead, Redis is just amazing in general. Centrifugo was definitely set from the beginning of the project needed the realtime messaging server. 

PHP 8 is great main thing was keeping everything upto date and the new features save alot of development time like match for example is a function i didnt know i needed but definitely after using it wouldnt go back so many very nice features and just things they have updated like inheritance etc. Definitely an update people should be using.

Edited by URBANZ
  • Like 1