MakeWebGames

Item Index page

Mcfarlin

When making a new item, would it be of any help to have this page to compare your new item to items already in your game?

Not having to go back and look up info in the Db to see where a new item will fit into the game

You can use this to look at all items and decide what values your new item should have so it fits in with the others already added.

Simple little addon, not so sure i would even call it a mod. But hey its free.

Call the file whatever you would like, and add link in your game where ever you would like it to go. You can add a user level restriction if you do not want members to see the page.

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Obviously you can edit to fit your item types. I am sure there is an easier way to do this, but . . . . this is how i have done it.

Screenshot

http://postimg.org/image/w9gaprjm1/

I knew it could be dones a lot easier than my way.

And yes it comes in handy once you have a few hundred items in a game to be able to just pull up this list and see where a gap may be, or where you want to add your new item to fit in with all the others.

thx for adding that.

I tested and it works fine, better actually with your additions.

I made it more for me, not so much for the users.

Wanted to be able to see a full list of items so that when adding a new item i could make sure to fit it into the game properly.

Added search by item type and item name

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

I made it more for me, not so much for the users.

Wanted to be able to see a full list of items so that when adding a new item i could make sure to fit it into the game properly.

I can't find the articles now since the upgrade to the forum but a_b created an article about storing your items inside an excel or equivalent spreadsheet. I created one (still needs work) for the NWE engine but you can use it to get a general idea of how to maybe convert it over to use for MCC. The only hard part is trying to serialize your data.

I can't find the articles now since the upgrade to the forum but a_b created an article about storing your items inside an excel or equivalent spreadsheet. I created one (still needs work) for the NWE engine but you can use it to get a general idea of how to maybe convert it over to use for MCC. The only hard part is trying to serialize your data.

Shoot me a link! If nothing else, I'm curious