MakeWebGames

Cheap Hosting

-BRAIDZ-

No offence, but I've watched [MENTION=68406]-BRAIDZ-[/MENTION] struggle to learn PHP when a number of people have tried to help him, have told him to read articles and tutorials and he refused to take the advice.

Learning to set up and run a server is a lot more complicated than php is, and by referring him to DigitalOcean he will need to learn how to use a vps.

He's going to need to learn about connecting to one, most likely from windows, therefore he'll need to learn how to use putty or something similar, he's going to need to learn how to use Linux commands, if he wants to secure it, ssh keys. He's going to need to learn how to upload files without cpanel, unless he buys a license for that and installs it. He will most likely want phpmyadmin, again going to have to learn how to install it. Even the initial set up for mysql will be done through Linux commands most likely.

[MENTION=68406]-BRAIDZ-[/MENTION] if your willing to learn how, then digitalocean will be one of the best hosting services you'll work with. If you don't want to learn then you'll struggle with it and are probably better using shared hosting or maybe even dedicated hosting

No offence, but I've watched [MENTION=68406]-BRAIDZ-[/MENTION] struggle to learn PHP when a number of people have tried to help him, have told him to read articles and tutorials and he refused to take the advice.

Learning to set up and run a server is a lot more complicated than php is, and by referring him to DigitalOcean he will need to learn how to use a vps.

He's going to need to learn about connecting to one, most likely from windows, therefore he'll need to learn how to use putty or something similar, he's going to need to learn how to use Linux commands, if he wants to secure it, ssh keys. He's going to need to learn how to upload files without cpanel, unless he buys a license for that and installs it. He will most likely want phpmyadmin, again going to have to learn how to install it. Even the initial set up for mysql will be done through Linux commands most likely.

[MENTION=68406]-BRAIDZ-[/MENTION] if your willing to learn how, then digitalocean will be one of the best hosting services you'll work with. If you don't want to learn then you'll struggle with it and are probably better using shared hosting or maybe even dedicated hosting

I went through ByteHost, and I have registration and everything.

Paid it through paypal.

And now it says my domain name is pending...

Not sure whether this is anything to do with me using PayPal or not..

But does anyone have any ideas?

I went through ByteHost, and I have registration and everything.

Paid it through paypal.

And now it says my domain name is pending...

Not sure whether this is anything to do with me using PayPal or not..

But does anyone have any ideas?

all shared hosting will eventually not be enough for your game you will need to move to a vp server at some point as your game grows bigger.

You could either find someone who is willing and has the free time to set it up for you or you can pay someone to set it up i don't think anyone would charge a lot to do this

Even I struggle with php but learning how to maintain a server is spoon fed, everything you need to know about servers is on google and I use digital ocean aswell. We all have different ways of learning but in my opinion maintaining a server is easier then php.

Even I struggle with php but learning how to maintain a server is spoon fed, everything you need to know about servers is on google and I use digital ocean aswell. We all have different ways of learning but in my opinion maintaining a server is easier then php.

everything you need to know about php is on google too.