MakeWebGames

Facebook Login For Game

Coly010

Has anyone implemented a Facebook login for their game and if they have can they explain the process that they go through to register a facebook user to the game?

After reading the Facebook docs, I'm somewhat confused. I think I could possibly log a user into the game, but creating a DB row for them in the users table, not overly sure about.

Just looking for some pointers on this, maybe if someone has a link to a useful tutorial that would be great!

Colum

I had this done on DW.

What I did was add a column to the users table. If a user registered with FB or added FB to their already existing account, it used the FB API to update the corresponding column to their FB ID. Then, when they go to log in using FB in the future, it would just cross check the ID of the FB account they're logged into with existing FB-linked accounts in the game.

Thanks seker!

Even thought I'm slightly off topic. Do I need to make my game a facebook "app" to use facebook login? And is they an approval system for apps?

You do need to make a faecbook app for your game/site login. There is no approval.

[MENTION=65530]Coly010[/MENTION] FaceBook actually supplies you with code...

You do need to make a faecbook app for your game/site login. There is no approval.

[MENTION=65530]Coly010[/MENTION] FaceBook actually supplies you with code...

yeah I've seen the code it was more down to how I keep a record of which facebook user corresponds to which game user

You get it working?

Was working on the campaign mode so didn't get a chance to try it yet, once I have time I will. Im trying as many ways to try attract active users, and a fb login takes away the pain of the register form for some potential players