MakeWebGames

Another Game Engine

Hedge

Possibly so, but it would save me a lot of time in filezilla... :P

Well then, this is where you're going wrong, get an actual IDE and setup git/ftp in there.

Well then, this is where you're going wrong, get an actual IDE and setup git/ftp in there.

Yeah cause that doesn't sound condescending or anything? I'm using eclipse, it does the job, I use filezilla as an ftp client.

I'm failing to see what's "wrong" here ?

Yeah cause that doesn't sound condescending or anything? I'm using eclipse, it does the job, I use filezilla as an ftp client.

I'm failing to see what's "wrong" here ?

Your workflow is bad, sort it out, here is a link I quickly googled

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/95800/how-do-i-add-ftp-support-to-eclipse

It will save you time and hassle of filezilla and keeping it all in one place.

I have an MVC set up at the minute using CodeIgniter I believe and I personally find it a pain in the ass in ftp to go from one folder, to another folder to another folder, when I'm trying to work on one particular feature

I just gave you a solution to that pain in the ass.

Its actually not that complicated to do. I recently built a php modular system with JS front end to load all content in a unique way. It can also load JS files for specific "plug-ins" if need be. I just never got around to add features to it. So for now, its login/register/select avatar... All 3 of those are actually plug-ins.

Not hard at all

I figured regular updates, even if they are only small, is the best was to keep anyone following this informed.

So far here is where the project is at -

Completed:

- Model/View/Controller Structure & Routing

- Landing Page

- Registration

- Login / In-Game Landing Page

- Language System using JSON

- Plugin System

Definite Too Add:

- LESS/SASS

- Gameplay Dynamics

- User Settings / Profile Page

- Admin Section

- Example Plugin

Apart from those listed, everything else (i.e. jail, inventory, etc..) will become a plugin.

Plugins I Plan To Include:

- Inventory

- Hospital

- Mail

Possible Plugins To Be Included:

- Chat

Well thats all i have for now, will update again when i have completed some more.

Get some screenshots or a live demo up! Would be awesome to see how it's coming along. Keep up the good work.

Thanks [MENTION=69670]Script47[/MENTION], once there is something more substantial i'll put up some screenshots. As its an engine as opposed to a game, theres only a basic foundation template.