MakeWebGames

Looking For Feedback [Menu]

Ironik

looks good, but thats a hell of a lot of money. someone may need to verify this but that looks a lot bigger than an int(11) datatype

You do realise int isn't the biggest integer right? You can use bigint... int only goes up to 2.147 billion as for bigint:

-9223372036854775808 through 9223372036854775807. And the byte size is 8 bytes

Why are you shorting him [MENTION=70674]ArchEclipse[/MENTION]? :p

Besides that, I feel who cares about how much money someone has as long as they can pronounce it haha and as long as the items in the game reflect how much money people can hold.

Back on point, the menu I think looks good, it's not a plain menu and gives people something to look at instead of just text

Why are you shorting him @ArchEclipse? :p

Besides that, I feel who cares about how much money someone has as long as they can pronounce it haha and as long as the items in the game reflect how much money people can hold.

Back on point, the menu I think looks good, it's not a plain menu and gives people something to look at instead of just text

I'm not shorting him, just making him aware that there are other int' such as bigint that would hold a value greater than int (11)

I'm not shorting him, just making him aware that there are other int' such as bigint that would hold a value greater than int (11)

Of course I know int(11) isn't the biggest. I just made the assumption that it was running a database schema from an existing game engine where the general data type is int with Length 11.

I a simply made a statement and added a remark afterwards. If anything I was pointing out the fact that it couldn't be an int(11)

Personally, if I was to run a game that was to have that much money in it I would use decimal(x,2) . Lower the price of everything and the money rewards by a factor of at least 10^2, if not more. I can't stand having that much money in a game. It just seems wrong and unrealistic.

Back on topic. As for the menu, it looks good, the icons are a good way to visually represent what the values are. In my experience players appreciate that

Of course I know int(11) isn't the biggest. I just made the assumption that it was running a database schema from an existing game engine where the general data type is int with Length 11.

I a simply made a statement and added a remark afterwards. If anything I was pointing out the fact that it couldn't be an int(11)

Personally, if I was to run a game that was to have that much money in it I would use decimal(x,2) . Lower the price of everything and the money rewards by a factor of at least 10^2, if not more. I can't stand having that much money in a game. It just seems wrong and unrealistic.

Back on topic. As for the menu, it looks good, the icons are a good way to visually represent what the values are. In my experience players appreciate that

*buys bullets for $500 each* *complains about realism*

/sarcasm

I was just pointing out incase you didn't know. I wouldn't put it past some people here to not know about other int types.

Sowwy :$

*buys bullets for $500 each* *complains about realism*

/sarcasm

I was just pointing out incase you didn't know. I wouldn't put it past some people here to not know about other int types.

Sowwy :$

Yeah well when you work with java and c# you get to know about the size of data types and then when you have to use databases at school you learn the other types of ints, strings etc.

I bought a game a few weeks ago and after playing it for a while I've realised that before long players can get a lot of money and money and in the game money essentially controls how powerful each player is and therefore I need to find how to slow it down and limit their power of it

You do realise int isn't the biggest integer right? You can use bigint... int only goes up to 2.147 billion as for bigint:

[/color]

It does? May want to unsign it then and hit 4,294,967,295, but lose the ability to allow negatives.

Never really found a use for signed integers in these games, to be honest.

Take banks for example - you lose a whole negative range for the sake of -1 to say you don't have one, but then end up with a hard cap of half of the maximum, when unsigned, as a result.

Good database structure!