MakeWebGames

Project: No name

Zettieee

Why a new project while moblords isn't finished?

Well. I made moblords more of a test than anything else.

They was no real story behind it. It was simply made to see what I could do with minimal time.

I was going to make a full game. I started making a new design for it but quickly noticed the lack of story.

Then wanted to add new things/mods but the coding was a mess.

Instead of carrying on with bad/spaghetti code I decided to start fresh with a blank canvas.

Over the last week they has been quite a bit of work.

Some of the more noticable things:

Items rework with a new inventory system (thanks sniko!).

New functions for things that should of already had them (jail/hospital/donator/staff).

Map system (still in development but a preview is included).

Whats the concept for this game?

Post-Apocalyptic / Urban Survival

What features will it have?

Map system [with gang/clan control]

Crafting system

Weather effects [Very basic!]

Farming system [Grow food/medicine]

Task system [EG: goto A-5 and clean out the trash cans] (Replacement for crimes)

Terrain Effects [safe zone, Radion zones, Standard zones, Caution zones].

Release date?

When it's in a state that's playable and fun!

Preview:

http://imgur.com/a/mLmdo

All constructive criticism will be taken in!

Edited by Zettieee

Sounds interesting, but you say Moblords doesnt have a story , so what's the story for this one? I've found that if your starting with a blank canvas it's easier to set up an engine so to speak, a way for you to easily add new features, rather than frying your head delving into your code a few months down the line not knowing why you did what. Also a pen and paper really helps, have most of the main/essential features for your game planned out and do out a to do list. Once you finish a feature, check it off your list.

To me it sounds like your basically reprogramming mc codes, so if you are, do so in a way that keeps the simplisticness of it, which a majority of players are used to

Thanks for commenting.

The story wont be written untill the features are in place to support a deep story line.

I'm not recoding the whole engine just features that really needed it!

The check list I'm using (in part) is from an old project that I sold on. (zplague)

My coding style hasn't changed much since the days of GRPG (html outside of php). Simple/readable code.

I've added functions for alot of the main functions of mccodes (item names/images/power/guard).

Added new functions to support any "Name upgrade" including: images, html, javascript.

PS: Any good story writters out there? (must be willing to work for free) [Your name/contact info will be posted in the credits]

Do you plan on using a game engine or coding it from scratch?

It's using MC v2.0.5b

Sounds interesting. I'm a decent story writer myself, but it depends how long / in depth a story you want whether I'll have time to help

Nothing too deep. Just explaining what has happened to the world. who caused what happened. The after effects of what happened.

Maybe some task text (story line development as players do tasks).