MakeWebGames

Exploits

Lunatic

Need someone who has knowledge in exploiting game glitches etc...I would like to learn some, not for personal gain as cheating but to be aware of how they are done.

Don't have a game to test this on currently. Mail me if able to help me learn ways to glitch points/cash.

I've already fixed where players would get more points off market than they had there.

Validate/sanitize your get and post requests. No one is going to teach you how to exploit things just because you say it's for your own testing or your own game. You have to understand what each thing does. You write/modify your scripts so you HAVE to understand it. For example if your using a GET request like $_GET['action'], what is the action? Is it a number, a string, or what? Once you figure that out validate it and if your using the GET request to interact with your database then I would sanitize it.

so try that out for starters and see where that gets ya

First off, stop calling them glitches, it is called security vulnerability, a glitch is when the code does not perform an action that it suppose to perform when a user clicks on the specific feature....

There are many hacks, your post is not specific in what you are trying to do. First of all you should be able to test any form via from your browser using the inspect tool, by changing the $_POST and $_GET variables, if you able to change them, than the form you are testing on may have a vulnerability in security, but not necessarily can it have a vulnerability just by you being able to change them. Further test would be SQL injections, which NO one will show you or tell you how to do on this forum, you have to do your own research on it. Which there are several sites that will show you the steps.

The way you started that was sort of contradicting [MENTION=65073]lucky3809[/MENTION]

Let lunatic call them glitches or hacks. Who cares? Some of the best security experts in the world actually are "good" people. Im not saying @Luantic is good or bad though. He could have a little devil brewing inside him/her but could eventually see the light.

I mentioned

game glitches involve coding mistakes such as entering negative values withdrawing money or transferring money from players

Its a fine line between on text based games when it comes to calling something a glitch or a hack due to the fact its mostly text. When referring to glitches in most games, most people refer to glitches as a graphics glitch and hacks that modify the outcome of the game like walking threw a wall in a certain spot would be a glitch or a possible easter egg.