MakeWebGames

Free html/css!!!!

Unknown

Ok well this is a message for anyone who is in need of some html and css coding. I will code whatever you want for FREE! Yes that is correct...free! But there is a catch... I have never really coded anything before and I do not know a whole lot, and this is more of me trying to learn by doing then just giving away free stuff you know. Anyways please message me or contact me on skype: colton.ehrman and I will start coding anything you need asap! :) Thank you

I've probably said this to a million people but make a blog template.

Blog layouts are pretty simple and do not require a ton of knowledge (which is great for learning) unless you want to get all fancy. If your proud of it you could even take it further and integrate it into something like WordPress :)

Thanks for the advice :) that sounds like a great idea, but i think it would be pretty cool to maybe help someone out while learning, not just doing things for myself you know :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and to the possible future people who would like me to code something for them, i would like to assure you that i will try my hardest to do whatever it is you ask, so if i code it the first time and its not how it i want it or u want it then i am definitly going to put more effort into it and try and perfect it :) thank you and i cannot wait to start working with other people!

• 5 months later...

When i saw this i laughed. Seeing that your offering "FREE" work, if people were to ask for your services sorry "FREE" services you'd have quite alot of work to do and the fact that your not getting paid for any of your labour nor have you work to show gives me a chilling feeling, However if i we're in your situation id build a network site like @W3theory and show you designs and potential there, because atm you haven't interested me(barely). Try something like that :)

When i saw this i laughed. Seeing that your offering "FREE" work, if people were to ask for your services sorry "FREE" services you'd have quite alot of work to do and the fact that your not getting paid for any of your labour nor have you work to show gives me a chilling feeling, However if i we're in your situation id build a network site like @W3theory and show you designs and potential there, because atm you haven't interested me(barely). Try something like that :)

1. He wouldn't have a lot of work as he can decide who take on as a client, you do know that right?
  2. He clearly states he's doing this for the experience as he has no previous design skills that's why it's not possible to show any previous work.
  3. The fact that he's not asking for money should tell you that he's being honest about his skills and actually wants to learn, no?
  4. Comparing him to Pete (or asking him to build a site like Pete) is just silly. He clearly says he has no experience and that means he's probably never done much design, so comparing him to someone with the skill set of Pete is really not a good idea.

Personally I think what the OP is doing is actually very good.

1. He wouldn't have a lot of work as he can decide who take on as a client, you do know that right?
  2. He clearly states he's doing this for the experience as he has no previous design skills that's why it's not possible to show any previous work.
  3. The fact that he's not asking for money should tell you that he's being honest about his skills and actually wants to learn, no?
  4. Comparing him to Pete (or asking him to build a site like Pete) is just silly. He clearly says he has no experience and that means he's probably never done much design, so comparing him to someone with the skill set of Pete is really not a good idea.

Personally I think what the OP is doing is actually very good.

I did't compare him to Pete workwise, I said maybe he could setup a site like Pete's where he could create or practice some css & html and show us here that's not hard! Yes he may have the knowledge but not the experience, So it would be best to show us what he can currently do. That's my opinion and i stick by it firmly

I have never really coded anything before and I do not know a whole lot, and this is more of me trying to learn by doing then just giving away free stuff you know.

That one quote should say it all [MENTION=69823]jcvenom[/MENTION].

I applaud you for wanting to learn and trying to be helpful at the same time [MENTION=70496]Unknown[/MENTION]. I hope all goes well for you.

[MENTION=69823]jcvenom[/MENTION]

You are in absolutely no position to laugh at anybody wishing to being learning to code! Get off your high horse, at the start I thought you were a decent person, doing work for a client. Now I just think your an arrogant brute, who can't take advice, and now your trying to put down someone who is trying to learn how to code? You really need to wise up! You got one client, got £70 for a job, big deal, get over it. Unknown has quite clearly stated he has no experience, thus he has nothing he can show, he wants to LEARN by DOING. Its a great idea, and from his first post, any client that seeks his service will know that this guy is only learning and therefore wont be expecting the same quality as something he paid $100 for. However, he has got the assurance that if its not up to standard then Unknown will put the work in to improve it. That's dedication.

[MENTION=70496]Unknown[/MENTION] Good Luck :) I started off by doing websites for free for people as well and everytime I did one I managed to learn a crap ton of things. Its a great and rewarding way to learn plus it builds up your portfolio whilst you learn and helps give you a reputation, everything you need for when you do start to charge money for your services. So I wish you all the best :)

- - - Updated - - -

You are in absolutely no position to laugh at anybody wishing to being learning to code! Get off your high horse, at the start I thought you were a decent person, doing work for a client. Now I just think your an arrogant brute, who can't take advice, and now your trying to put down someone who is trying to learn how to code? You really need to wise up! You got one client, got £70 for a job, big deal, get over it. Unknown has quite clearly stated he has no experience, thus he has nothing he can show, he wants to LEARN by DOING. Its a great idea, and from his first post, any client that seeks his service will know that this guy is only learning and therefore wont be expecting the same quality as something he paid $100 for. However, he has got the assurance that if its not up to standard then Unknown will put the work in to improve it. That's dedication.

[MENTION=70496]Unknown[/MENTION] Good Luck :) I started off by doing websites for free for people as well and everytime I did one I managed to learn a crap ton of things. Its a great and rewarding way to learn plus it builds up your portfolio whilst you learn and helps give you a reputation, everything you need for when you do start to charge money for your services. So I wish you all the best :)

- - - Updated - - -

Because you can talk goodman yourself how about mind your own business and stop contradicting people your in no position to call me anything. I can obviously take criticism and im not a bad person. [MENTION=70496]Unknown[/MENTION] sorry i misread your post and i didn't mean any harm or intimidation i wish you the best of luck i suppose we all need a start and MWG can provide you a step to start off with

how about mind your own business and stop contradicting people your in no position to call me anything.

I love when people say "mind your own business" on the internet, I really do. I can't help but think, you've just wrote something on a public forum, where anyone who has the internet can see, and therefore makes it everyone who is interested's business. And as its the internet, I'm allowed to state an opinion/my thoughts on the situation.

Calling you an arrogant brute isn't about insulting you, its about showing you how you're coming across on this forum. I'm in a plenty decent position to state my opinion even if I'm not in one to insult you, I'm all set to study Computer Science at University, with an A-Level in Physics, Maths and Further Maths and around 5 years programming experience including languages: HTML(5), CSS(3), PHP, SQL, JavaScript (and subsequent libraries), Java (including the Android and BlackBerry SDKs), Visual Basic, C# (including the XNA library when it was still floating about).

[MENTION=70496]Unknown[/MENTION] , I'm sorry this has gone off topic slightly, this guy just gets on my nerves a bit.. If you need any help with anything related to HTML or CSS send me a Private Message, I'll be glad to help. I might give you a few small projects as well to help get you started :)